Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru not your thing? BASH HERE.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Justinp71
QUOTE(Howard @ May 1 2007, 12:23 PM) *

The perfect 914 is a 3.2 6 conversion. Especially with the right body work.

914-6

WTF.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif WTF.gif alfred.gif
pffft
QUOTE(JPB @ Apr 29 2007, 06:40 AM) *

agree.gif What I'd like to see is an SBC 914 with a 930 trany pulling a dual axel trailer with a 911 in it. Oh, don't forget trailer brakes.

Hmmmm
I may be able to arrange that now that I have Muellers trailer.....Got everything
but the tail dragger and a trailer hitch

BUT, no matter how hard you twist my arm I am NOT gonna replace the
motor in my turbo baja with a type four, even the ex JLO 2.2 gathering
cobwebs in the corner.

Although, thinking about it, I've got a 2 liter twin cam fiat with webers I'm
not doing anything with...........

patrick
charliew
One thing about conversions, it sure increases the pristine 914 parts availability. I've got a 1.8 fuel injected complete motor that was gone through by a reputable colo. shop at 50k and it now has 80k on it. Its got a new spare thats never been on the ground. The guages look as new as the day it was made. The tranny was also gone through when the motor was done. The brakes were just done by the po, I can't speak to their quality but how bad could he have done. New rear shocks, I think KYB, new front struts, KYB still in the box. I may keep the tranny but the rest is going, going, gone when it comes apart. I've got most all the reciepts. This car was appraised for 8500.00 in 1991. It has gone a little down since then but is very clean. I am good with rusty metal but it sure is nice when you don't have any to deal with. I could be wrong but I would rather go like a crotchrocket than a harley. I've had both.

Charlie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.