Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No gass to dell
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
It seems I am not getting gas to my Dell 36 DRLA. I took the carb apart to clean it, it had a lot of ashlike crud inside. After cleanning the jets and passages with carb cleaner and a little compressed air I put it all back together and reinstalled. The car wont start, so I go and look down the throat and when I open the throtal no gas. The other carb is fine. In the red circled jet I get a little trinkle of gass, the green circled jet, not a drop. When I pullout the red circled jet it is wet with gas, the green dry. I cleaned the jets with carb cleaner and they are clear. What could be cloged if this is the problem, Oh yes the butterfly valve does open.
Twystd1
There is a circuit that goes from the accelerator pump diaphragm area to these squirters.

There is also a one way valve in the accelerator pump casting.

It is possible that you have NOT cleaned that circuit well enough to flow correctly. Or the diaphragm has a hairline hole in it and it doesn't build enough pressure..
Or the one way valve is crudded up and the pump is cavitating.
Or all of the above..!!

Thats my 0.02 worth.

Clayton
type11969
Check to see if the little steel balls are free to move in the pump circuits, also make sure they are both still there. If they are stuck you definitely won't be getting fuel out of the pump jets, if they are missing you may get some fuel, but you will have to pump the pump mulitple times to do so. Pump circuits are located under the brass screws at ~7:00 for the green pump jet and ~5:00 for the red. BE CAREFUL when you do this, if one of those balls falls out when you turn the carb upside down, you will spend a decent amount of time looking for it.

Also, pull the pump diaphragm and inspect it, and make sure the valve at the base of the bowl is clean.

Do you have the dell tech book? If not, you need it.

-Chris

jr91472
agree.gif

I agree with all the advice above. But we are only talking 1 barrel out of 4. Seems like the car should at least start (and then run like hell on 3 cylinders).

Any thing else going on?
type11969
Yeah, fuel is obviously getting in the bowl, at least 2 pump jets sound like they are working well, the car should start! Try some starter fluid ot be sure, but I doubt that a plugged pump jet or two would keep a car from running. Running well is a different story . . .
orthobiz
BTW, Ruddyboys, Oblio and Arrow ROOL! And I really miss Harry!

Paul
ruddyboys
Thanx too all, The little ball berrings were a little cruddy and sticking. The big problem was the metal part of the pump diaphram was rusting and caused the jets to clog. The car is running nice. Took it for a ride around the block a few times. I did notice that after running on and off for about an hour it started to stall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.