Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM Inner Door Seals - Anyone have a profile pic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
customstarr
I ran into a guy today who is retired from rubber seal manufacturing company - he has TONS of seals stashed in his garage - mostly 250' rolls in nearly every size and profile. What caught me eye was the trim seals that are the same design as the 914 door seals - vinyl steel reinforced channel with rubber bulb style seals.

I'm wondering if anyone has access to a picture, preferably with a ruler for scale, of the OEM inner door seals. With everything this guy has, I am confident that I can get a VERY close match - and he's nearly giving it away - said I could have one roll for $50.

Pic of OEM seal profile would be awesome! I could cut a ton for everyone who needs them for next to nothing! BTW - my seals are shot and crushed flat, so I can't get a good estimate of the true size and shape.

This pic is for reference only, but he has tons of these seals in all shapes, profiles, etc.

IPB Image
914nerd
I, for one, would definitely be interested
I can snap a couple of pics tomorrow if you would like (and if nobody else beats me to it)
JerryP
Count me in if you find one that works. I'd get a picture for you but my seals are similar in condition to yours.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(customstarr @ May 2 2007, 08:31 PM) *

I ran into a guy today who is retired from rubber seal manufacturing company - he has TONS of seals stashed in his garage - mostly 250' rolls in nearly every size and profile. What caught me eye was the trim seals that are the same design as the 914 door seals - vinyl steel reinforced channel with rubber bulb style seals.

I'm wondering if anyone has access to a picture, preferably with a ruler for scale, of the OEM inner door seals. With everything this guy has, I am confident that I can get a VERY close match - and he's nearly giving it away - said I could have one roll for $50.

Pic of OEM seal profile would be awesome! I could cut a ton for everyone who needs them for next to nothing! BTW - my seals are shot and crushed flat, so I can't get a good estimate of the true size and shape.

This pic is for reference only, but he has tons of these seals in all shapes, profiles, etc.

IPB Image

Sorry for the lousy pics. Will these do?

customstarr

Sorry for the lousy pics. Will these do?

Man... that's fricking awesome! Is that the OEM seal? I get more info today!

Thanks!
terrymason
I'm interested
customstarr
Hey Bartlett - great job on the pics - perfect! Can you give me a length measurement also? Thanks.
eric914
I replaced mine with a door seal from a Freightliner dealership.
The part# is 22-25294-005 and will do both sides with about a foot left over. Fits good and should cost about $27.
McMark
That's not OEM, but is compatible. The OEM bulb doesn't have the two 'fins'. It's a plain round bulb.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(customstarr @ May 3 2007, 11:01 AM) *

Hey Bartlett - great job on the pics - perfect! Can you give me a length measurement also? Thanks.

Mark says it is not OEM. I measured 82.5". This picture shows the texture on the one side.
Rick L
I'm definitely interested.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 3 2007, 04:15 PM) *

Just to make sure you guys realize. The pictures shown are from a seal that I have and are for reference sake only. Vendors here have this but I can't remember which one this seal is from. We will need to wait and see what Customstarr finds and how it compares.
customstarr
Bartlett - thanks for all of your help. I really want to get the dimensions from an OEM seal - I'm telling you, this guy has a frickin' ton of the seals and alot of them were the regular round bulb type that McMark is talking about.

He does have a seal that is nearly identical to the ones that you have Bartlett - I told him that I'd pick up that reel if I can't find a near exact OEM match. If someone here already has an EXACT OEM match, I'd buy a set - providing that they are affordable. It's just that these seals in bulk are so cheap, why not get a bunch and save some $$$?
SLITS
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 3 2007, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 3 2007, 04:15 PM) *

Just to make sure you guys realize. The pictures shown are from a seal that I have and are for reference sake only. Vendors here have this but I can't remember which one this seal is from. We will need to wait and see what Customstarr finds and how it compares.

Glenn Sager - a914luvr at sbcglobal.net - sells them. He has a profile that is just about perfect.

Oh shit .... I just realized this is an attempt to sell parts in the garage .... damn .... if posts could still be deleted I would delete this one.
boxstr
I have sold those for years at CAMP 914.$30.FREE shipping in the USA, for the two doors, cut to fit.
CCLIN914NATION
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.