Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-induction system install question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mstein95
Keep in mind - newby rebuild.

Just about to install stock D-Jet fuel injection system onto fresh rebuild when I read a sentence out of Tom Wilson's How to Rebuild Your Volkswagen Air-cooled Engine:

"on fuel-injection engines, there is an electrical-ground fitting that mounts under the head of one of the case bolts. This fitting has three spades for electrical connectors. If you install the intake manifold without this piee in place, it's nearly impossible to install it with the injection in place."

I pause, swear, and wonder what the bleep Tom is refering to. WTF.gif

I've looked through the Haynes manual and don't see any reference to this fitting.

My questions:
1) Do I need this fitting for the D-jet set up?
2) Does anyone have a picture of this fitting? Installed?
3) Where might I source this fitting?

Thanks

Cap'n Krusty
It's a washer with 3 male push-on connector tabs sticking out over about 180 degrees. They're all bent outward from the plane of the washer as installed. It goes on the 2nd top case bolt from the flywheel end of the case, on the #3 side. It has to be there to provide grounds for the injectors and other stuff. The Cap'n
mstein95
Thanks Cap'n. I going to check my local sources (Rhodyguy, DNHunt) for this item.

Thanks Dave (DNHunt) for the quick response and for the washer/fitting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.