Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Cup starting up again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
914forme
Now I am pissed cause I have two events that TTOD is wrong.

BTW, Grant according the the rules you have to start another entry for each scationing body you run. See I can read. Can't spell but I can read. laugh.gif
Demick
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 6 2007, 05:12 PM) *

DAMN - I knew I should have kept quiet about all this. Now Demick is posting in Improved, and he's got 90+s for all 3 events he's raced in. Way to go dude beerchug.gif

But I'm only a threat if I run 5 times this year - which is looking unlikely with no more 'local' events. Closest venue now is Marina. Although I might try and show up to the Sept 29th one if it appears there will be a 914 showdown!
Demick
Nope, no fast cars around here.......
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 6 2007, 05:15 PM) *

Okay off to read the dang rules, I have seen your national PCA boys run. Actually seen allot of them, more than any body knows, I been sneaking into PCA events since I was a wee lad. I watched Provasi run when he was young biggrin.gif

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Tom doesn't know he is not young... biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Well, golly. Nice cars, nice pics.....now I'm all scared up.
Maybe we'll come down anyhow. biggrin.gif
Borderline
rules? we got rules? confused24.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 6 2007, 07:54 PM) *

Well, golly. Nice cars, nice pics.....now I'm all scared up.
Maybe we'll come down anyhow. biggrin.gif

I am excited about Britain coming down! Its just going to be like old times with Britain back home in Nor Cal! Too bad you guys chose a venue that attracts fewest fast drivers. You really should have done a SF Bay Area event where all our fast guys run to really see how your car fairs. You'll be lucky if you get one other car with slicks coming all the way down South to Marina. ...And let me see you have slicks. LOL! At least Britain have the fastest car to show us how its done in 3 runs.

I probably wont make it as I'm in Hawaii the week prior and dont arrive home until late in the evening on the 28th. ...I may just show up in my stock Miata to beat your time if I get enough sleep. biggrin.gif
McMark
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 5 2007, 08:34 PM) *
I've got 5 events in = maxed out on events.

Nope. Keep entering events. The software picks your top five. The 914Cup is about your top five runs of the season. Keep adding scores.

EDIT: There, I made a code change. Now all your results are listed and the ones which are highlighted are the five that count.
Example
914forme
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 7 2007, 06:00 AM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 5 2007, 08:34 PM) *
I've got 5 events in = maxed out on events.

Nope. Keep entering events. The software picks your top five. The 914Cup is about your top five runs of the season. Keep adding scores.

EDIT: There, I made a code change. Now all your results are listed and the ones which are highlighted are the five that count.
Example

Nice Job McMark smilie_pokal.gif
Chris Pincetich
McMark you rock beerchug.gif
Grant - pack your trailer before Hawaii...we're counting on you and the WA crue going head to head for 914 TTOD at Marina! biggrin.gif
AXes there for 2 days - maybe one day you can make it with the 914. I'm not sure right now if I can make it both days...I want to...we'll see beerchug.gif
Borderline
agree.gif

Or you may want to consider 1 week later, Sunday Oct 7th: LPR AX at Marina.

Probably fewer cars but more runs! I think JP is coming down to kick some Pirate bootyshake.gif . You wouldn't want to disappoint him after driving all that way! stirthepot.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 7 2007, 09:24 AM) *

McMark you rock beerchug.gif
Grant - pack your trailer before Hawaii...we're counting on you and the WA crue going head to head for 914 TTOD at Marina! biggrin.gif
AXes there for 2 days - maybe one day you can make it with the 914. I'm not sure right now if I can make it both days...I want to...we'll see beerchug.gif

I'm sure somone faster than me will show up with a TTOD contender. I hope that JP's car would beat mine in an AX. His yellow car has far more low end grunt with that big 2.7 and even more tire than me. The Beast or Hamilton Racing are more in realm of JP's car. My car really isnt a TTOD AX car by any strech of the imagination with its peaky torque curve. It is a fast sub 2.5 liter track day car however - it spends far more time in that enviroment and performs very nicely.
drgchapman
I'm sure somone faster than me will show up with a TTOD contender. I hope that JP's car would beat mine in an AX. His yellow car has far more low end grunt with that big 2.7 and even more tire than me. The Beast or Hamilton Racing are more in realm of JP's car. My car really isnt a TTOD AX car by any strech of the imagination with its peaky torque curve. It is a fast sub 2.5 liter track day car however - it spends far more time in that enviroment and performs very nicely.

Big smack talker..................... barf.gif

Backs out. WTF.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Aug 7 2007, 12:37 PM) *

Backs out. WTF.gif

Are you coming down? idea.gif

My trip has been planned for months. JP is the one who chose the date just recently after saying he wasnt going to come down to Kali. ...Let me see JP sneaks down to Marina the least attended venue in Nor Cal and plans to go when others wont be there. I think I should be the one asking WTF.gif piratenanner.gif

As I said I'll show up in my stock Miata and kick JP's booty in 3 runs. biggrin.gif Frankly JP will be lucky if he beats our fast improved class 4 cylinder guys. I'd pick Dan T over JP for faster time. happy11.gif

You know my 70 year old dad wants to drive my car in an AX and he lives in Grants Pass Or. Maybe we could have the senior citizen shoot out for JP. My dad hasnt AX for 30 years. He's probably closer to JP's caliber and would be fun to watch. I may plan a trip up to Medford next year. stirthepot.gif
drgchapman
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 7 2007, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(drgchapman @ Aug 7 2007, 12:37 PM) *

Backs out. WTF.gif

Are you coming down? idea.gif

My trip has been planned for months. JP is the one who chose the date just recently after saying he wasnt going to come down to Kali. ...Let me see JP sneaks down to Marina the least attended venue in Nor Cal and plans to go when others wont be there. I think I should be the one asking WTF.gif piratenanner.gif

As I said I'll show up in my stock Miata and kick JP's booty in 3 runs. biggrin.gif Frankly JP will be lucky if he beats our fast improved class 4 cylinder guys. I'd pick Dan T over JP for faster time. happy11.gif

You know my 70 year old dad wants to drive my car in an AX and he lives in Grants Pass Or. Maybe we could have the senior citizen shoot out for JP. My dad hasnt AX for 30 years. He's probably closer to JP's caliber and would be fun to watch. I may plan a trip up to Medford next year. stirthepot.gif

No. Never said I was. I grew up in Sunnyvale, had enough of that silicon valley shit. I'd rather play up here where the people are more respectful as well as fun.

I will be at the "Porsches at the point" weekend in October at Infineon. Bring your track car and see if we can play nice. Trekkor and I are planning to run together for the two days. He really knows Infineon.
grantsfo
QUOTE(drgchapman @ Aug 7 2007, 04:45 PM) *

No. Never said I was. I grew up in Sunnyvale, had enough of that silicon valley shit. I'd rather play up here where the people are more respectful as well as fun.

I will be at the "Porsches at the point" weekend in October at Infineon. Bring your track car and see if we can play nice. Trekkor and I are planning to run together for the two days. He really knows Infineon.

...Funny never said I was either?

I wouldnt live in Silicon Valley. However Northwest is far over rated and there are plenty of rude and ternendously boring people living there.

I'm sure you and Trek will have fun running together in the slow group. I run with the fast cars on Infineon. Should I put a seat in my car so you can see what a quick car is like on Infineon? biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 7 2007, 05:54 PM) *

Should I put a seat in my car so you can see what a quick car is like on Infineon? biggrin.gif

in-car video of all the fast cars passing you should be enough ... av-943.gif

i might make marina. lost a bolt on my swaybar and now the car is really tail-happy.

just what i need on a tight course ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
grantsfo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2007, 08:05 PM)

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 7 2007, 05:54 PM)

Should I put a seat in my car so you can see what a quick car is like on Infineon? biggrin.gif

in-car video of all the fast cars passing you should be enough ... av-943.gif

Hmmm haven't seen that one yet! ...neither has Nathan. I'm sure you could tape that in your car however.
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 7 2007, 07:17 PM) *

I'm sure you could tape that in your car however.

agree.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2007, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 7 2007, 07:17 PM) *

I'm sure you could tape that in your car however.

agree.gif

Oh man thats no fun! av-943.gif When you get everything sorted your car will be very fast! Hell it took me a year to sort out my car!
ottox914
Tough season has ended. I gave it my best shot in Improved, but it wasn't good enough. All of my events had 100+ drivers, (with the exception of 1 at 62), and checking back at the season results, in all but 1 event, there were no fewer than 5 past national trophy winners ahead of me, at times as many as 10. ouch. Tough pool to swim in. This year alone we took 9 trophies, and had 3 more that were just 1 position out.

Our last event of the season ended with the "Tiki-cross", with island music, awards for the best decorated pit, person, car, and car hauler. Everyone got a cheep plastic lai when they signed the wavier and got their wrist band. Tiki decorations on the club truck and timing trailer, parrots and palm trees hanging from the registration tent. 50 degrees and raining, we still had a blast. There were cars with coconut bras, grass skirts on roll bars, folks with flowered shirts and bare legs. I designed the course, which started with the "conga line" (slalom) into the "rasta right", taking you thru the "corona crossover" (a double fence of cones you needed to line up to go thru on the diagonal), into the "hula loop" ( a 360 degree carosel), into the "bermuda triangle" (3 sided chicago box), around the "tiki turn" (about a 150 degree left) thru the "finish lime" (got corona, need a lime). It was way to much fun. If you club hasn't tried this, do it.
betegh9
Im fairly new to this forum........Just bought a 914-4 and I like the competition. I have been running most of my AX competition in the North Jersey area with NNJR-PCA and Motorsports NE, using a street modified early 911. I'll expect to post at least 15 events in 2008 for the 914 cup........as long as the car holds up. smile.gif

Any tips on 914 stock/improved set up?
grantsfo
QUOTE(betegh9 @ Nov 4 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Im fairly new to this forum........Just bought a 914-4 and I like the competition. I have been running most of my AX competition in the North Jersey area with NNJR-PCA and Motorsports NE, using a street modified early 911. I'll expect to post at least 15 events in 2008 for the 914 cup........as long as the car holds up. smile.gif

Focus on tires and suspension. If youre going to run street tires Falkens and some of the new 140 treadwear tires are the best. Koni adjustable shocks are the best shock. Then it depends on what class you want to run for spring and swaybar setup.
DanT
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 4 2007, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(betegh9 @ Nov 4 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Focus on tires and suspension. If youre going to run street tires Falkens and some of the new 140 treadwear tires are the best. Koni adjustable shocks are the best shock. Then it depends on what class you want to run for spring and swaybar setup.

there are some time proven set ups....out there...

you just need to ask the right folks biggrin.gif

Check the top of the Improved category... smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Make sure you guys enter your Autocross times for events driven in your 914.
Looks like most event for the year have wrapped up.

Gee I sure didn't have many 914 events. Wish I could count the RX-8 events I did real good in that car. Musta been the A/C.
Chris Pincetich
YUP - times all entered and 914 tucked into the garage for Xmas hibernation. I woke it up this last weekend for a fun cruise, and will put some new parts on it in January.

At 3rd place in Improved my 1.7 on mud/snow rated 195/50 street tires did OK. I think I did 10 AX races in 2007 in my 914, lots of seat time! Next year I hope to stay in Improved but running DOT-R competition tires like DanT and OttoX. That should level the playing field a bit. beerchug.gif
DanT
Chris, you will like the stickies..................alot. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 11 2007, 04:48 AM) *

Make sure you guys enter your Autocross times for events driven in your 914.
Looks like most event for the year have wrapped up.

Gee I sure didn't have many 914 events. Wish I could count the RX-8 events I did real good in that car. Musta been the A/C.

Hey! Are you using PAX times on one of your reported results. LOL! I didnt read rules very well can we use PAX time? Something is very fishy with those results entered into the Cup by Joe.

http://yaketysaxracing.com/msscca/02-25-07.html

I made a mistake or two on my submissions so I'm withdrawing from the Cup in disgrace. Or can I edit my entires?
Joe Ricard
Hey! Are you using PAX times on one of your reported results. LOL! I didnt read rules very well can we use PAX time? Something is very fishy with those results entered into the Cup by Joe.

I made a mistake or two on my submissions so I'm withdrawing from the Cup in disgrace. Or can I edit my entires?

LOSER
av-943.gif chairfall.gif w00t.gif
grantsfo
Here you go all the rules. No PAX times to be used. Nice try slick. piratenanner.gif

914cup

a virtual autocross series....

914ers are encouraged to participate in their respective autocross series, and report those times back here for a virtual, nationwide 914 autocross competition!

How it works:

Class your car. Enter an autocross in your area. Compete. Report back the event's TTOD, your fastest time of the day, your class, and some other minor bits of information. Points for your submitted times will be generated and entered into an ongoing series for 2005. At the end of the 2005 season, the best of each competitor's SIX (6) events will be tallied.

How do I sign up?

go here: http://www.stanford.edu/~neb/914cupmain.htm

Rules:

-Open to 914's only.

-4cyl, 6cyl, SBC conversions, rotary conversions, EV's, tube frame cars, and other customs are welcome to compete. Simply, the car MUST have started its life out as a 914, and retain some spirit of a 914.

-Cars will be divided by points into four (4) classes. Competitors are responsible for classing their cars themselves, and for policing each other if necessary.

-see below for classing information

-Eligible AX's

-Only submissions from an official, timed AX event run by a sanctioning body such as PCA or SCCA is eligible.
-In order to preserve competition, only AX events with a minimum of 5 total competitors will be eligible.
-if 5-10 total competitors, event points will be handicapped by .8
-if 11-15 total competitors, event points will be handicapped by .9
-if 16-20 total competitors, event points will be handicapped by .95
-if 21+ competitors, event points will not be handicapped.

-Competitors may enter and submit times from any number of AX events they wish.
-AX "training schools" are not eligible.
-If a competitor competes in multiple sanctioning bodies (e.g. PCA and SCCA), s/he must account for two seperate entries in 914cup; one for each sanctioning body. In this case, the competitor may submit his/her best series results for end-of-the-year 914cup standings.
-Only events held in 2005 will be eligible.

Eligible Submissions:

-Definition: TTOD here refers to the fastest officially-recognized run by any production-based car. This specifically excludes open-wheeled cars such as SCCA's A-mod or F-SAE classes, as well as (very rarely) some PCA Exhibition-classed cars on a case-by-case basis.

-Each competitor must submit their personal fastest official run of the day, as well as the official TTOD for the event. A score will be generated based on a ratio of the TTOD to the competitor's best time multiplied by 100.

e.g. if the TTOD is 37.286, and the competitor's best time is 41.615, then the competitor will earn 90 points for that event.
(37.286/41.615 = .895975009 * 100 = 89.59 rounded to nearest integer
= 90)

-This score will then be modified if necessary based upon total number of
entries (see above, "Eligible AX's")

-TTOD will always be 100 points, except AX events with less than 21
competitors, where TTOD will be either 95, 90, or 80 points (see above,
"Eligible AX's")

-All submissions shall be Raw Times -- not indexed (i.e. do not submit your PAX results)
-Fun runs are not accepted for a competitors best time
-All submitted times must be officially recognized by the organization that you run with.
-i.e., if a competitor disputes a time with his/her sanctioning body, s/he must nonetheless report the officially recognized time. If such a dispute is resolved in the competitor's favor, s/he may have his/ her score adjusted accordingly.

Score Keeping

-Scores will be tallied continuously throughout the autocross season.
-Scores will be reported in integer form. Only in the event of a season-tie will scores be calculated to the
n-th decimal necessary to determine a winner.

CLASSES:

Competitors must class themselves by adding the following points in tally according to their 914. Competitors may switch classes mid-season, but end of the year standings will be tallied for the highest class that competitor raced in.

Backdating (e.g. exhaust, bumpers, doors) is free.

Stock = 0-99 points
Improved = 100-249 points
Modified = 250-349 points
Super-Modified = 350+ points

Tires

Width:
205-width and under = + 0
tirewidth (for 305 and less): (2xx – 205) = penalty points
greater than 305 width = 100 penalty points.

i.e. :
205 or less = +0
215 = +10
225 = +20
235 = +30
etc....
305 or greater = +100

Competitors running slicks in non-standard tire size must convert sizes and add points accordingly.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

Type:
DOT Street Tires with treadwear rating over 100* = +0
*exception: Falken Azenis = +50
DOT r-compound tires = +100
non DOT tires (slicks) = +150*
*Competitors running slicks must run in S-Mod,
at a minimum of 350 total points. If the competitor's
total class-points do not add up to at least 350 points,
they must nonetheless report 350 total points for all
purposes of classing.

Brakes

free all classes

Suspension

non-stock rear springs/torsion bars +30
fine-adjustable coil spring platforms +10
(e.g. threaded collars or sim.)
non-stock sway bar +30

Interior

Interior has been substantially gutted and lightened = +20
Race Seat = +10

Body/Frame

car has been lightened by replacing body panels or bumpers with non-stock parts (fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc.) = +10 per body panel

car has been stiffened by reinforcing suspension points (extra bracing, cage tied into suspension points, etc.) = +20

inner or outer long reinforcement: +5

for cars that have been lightened/stiffened beyond the above: please add points as you deem appropriate.

Transmission

non-stock gearing = +15
LSD = +40

Engine/Flywheel/Exhaust/Induction/etc.

Displacement (4cyl)

1.7 - 1.8 = +0
1.9 = +15
2.0 = +30
2.01-2.2 = +45
2.21-2.4 = +60
>2.4 = +75

Displacement (6 cyl)

2.0 = +45
2.01-2.3 = +60
2.31-2.6 = +75
2.7-2.9 = +90
3.0 = +100
3.2 = +125
3.6+ = +150

Induction (ALL CARS with internal combustion engines):*

Stock FI = +0
Stock or non-improved Carbs = +0

Non-stock FI = +15
Non-stock or improved Carbs* = +15
(this includes all dual carbs on T4's)

*for conversions such as SBC/rotary: if the induction
is an improvement over a common version of your
motor (such as a big carb on a V8), add points as
as directed.

Cams (ALL CARS with internal combustion engines):*

stock = +0
non-stock = +20

*for conversions such as SBC/rotary: if the camshaft
is an improvement over a common version of your
motor, add points as directed.

Ignition:

free all classes

Other:

V8 conversion = +70*
*Add additional points for induction and cam
(etc.) if necessary. Exhaust, including
headers, is free.
Rotary/Suby conversion = +75*
*Add additional points for induction, cam and
turbo (etc.) if necessary. Exhaust, including
headers, is free.
Electric conversion = add "Engine" points as you deem appropriate
Other conversion = add points as you deem appropriate

Flywheel (All Cars):

stock = +0
lightened = +5

Forced Induction (All Cars):

car is turbo- or super- charged: +40

Exhaust (All 4cyl and 6cyl):

mufflers: free all classes
headers: +15
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Dec 12 2007, 05:04 PM) *

Or can I edit my entires?

you can't, but i can ... no need to bail, just send me the corrections and i'll add them in by hand ...

bye1.gif Andy
Joe Ricard
What's your problem Grant still LOSING? so you think you can find a whole point by making accusations?
Where ever you got the idea that I was using PAX points is ridiculous.

XP PAX is stupid high. My Raw times are always top 5 or better. my PAX results are top 20 or better.

Sorry ya'll I know DON'T FEED THE TROLL
grantsfo
No accusations just facts.

You listed PAX time of 57.279 and your buddies PAX time of 57.227 as TTOD. When in fact your raw time was 1:05.537 and TTOD was set by an STU production class car 1:03.139

Open Tire
Number Class Driver Car Penalty PAX
97 STU Drew Boyles BMDubya M3 0 0:51.837
29 GS Ryland Hemphill Mini Pooper S 0 0:52.450
90 BSP Darryl McElrath Corvette 0 0:54.374
57 STX Scott Main Sunfahr 0 0:54.854
07 FJ3 Evan McElrath kart 0 0:55.644
84 ESP Damon Cuccia Mustang Cobra 0 0:55.755
78 BSP Jim Bishop 280ZX 0 0:56.933
126 XP Hassan Malik 914 0 0:57.227
26 XP Joe Ricard 914 0 0:57.279
13 STU Chris Harper M3 0 0:57.375
76 BSP Skip Brunson 280ZX 0 0:58.464
36 XP Christopher Ricard 914 0 0:59.646
184 AM Hassan Malik Mustang Cobra 0 1:05.525

Raw Times
Number Class Driver Car Penalty Raw
97 STU Drew Boyles BMDubya M3 0 1:03.139
90 BSP Darryl McElrath Corvette 0 1:03.744
29 GS Ryland Hemphill Mini Pooper S 0 1:05.317
126 XP Hassan Malik 914 0 1:05.477
184 AM Hassan Malik Mustang Cobra 0 1:05.525
26 XP Joe Ricard 914 0 1:05.537
2 SM2 Tracy Hipp MR2 Spyder 0 1:06.704

All can be validated here:
Joe Ricard
Yup you are right I boned it. should I correct it and make the gap between 1st and 2nd bigger?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 13 2007, 12:57 PM) *

Yup you are right I boned it. should I correct it and make the gap between 1st and 2nd bigger?

You'd drop to 2nd since the gap is much larger between your raw time and TTOD a couple of seconds as opposed to a couple hundreths. Hell thats the only one I checked who knows if your other times are correct?

But who cares this is all for fun right? You win! CONGTRATS! drunk.gif

Joe Ricard
If I knew I was racing against Grant I would have tried harder.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 13 2007, 01:23 PM) *

If I knew I was racing against Grant I would have tried harder.

You just have to explain to me how you let a G Stock Mini Cooper S beat you at the Columbus Freeze. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Super-Modified
Name Points
1 Joe Ricard 492.776
2 Grant K 492.071
3 Michael J. Ticonchuk 487.91
4 Trevor Turner-Rice 473.593
5 Sandy Isaac 425.773
6 Steve Lutz 178.886
7 Andy Schmidt 95.1883
Competitors who have not yet reported a result are hidden.

Britain Smith:
E=entries

ORPCA 3/18 29.065/29.857= 97.3 E 67
4/29 TTOD= 100 E 54
7/27 TTOD= 100 E65

SCCA OR
region 7/1 TTOD= 100 E127
9/1 56.807/59.596 = 95.3 (slacker) E84

SCCA NW
region 7/15 62.730/63.989 98.0 E186

Now, of course, he didn't enter.......wouldn't have been fair, eh? biggrin.gif

Humm.....rule change....best 5 eh?

495.3....damn....still big frog. av-943.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 13 2007, 04:58 PM) *

Super-Modified
Name Points
1 Joe Ricard 492.776
2 Grant K 492.071
3 Michael J. Ticonchuk 487.91
4 Trevor Turner-Rice 473.593
5 Sandy Isaac 425.773
6 Steve Lutz 178.886
7 Andy Schmidt 95.1883
Competitors who have not yet reported a result are hidden.

Britain Smith:
E=entries

ORPCA 3/18 29.065/29.857= 97.3 E 67
4/29 TTOD= 100 E 54
7/27 TTOD= 100 E65

SCCA OR
region 7/1 TTOD= 100 E127
9/1 56.807/59.596 = 95.3 (slacker) E84

SCCA NW
region 7/15 62.730/63.989 98.0 E186

Now, of course, he didn't enter.......wouldn't have been fair, eh? biggrin.gif

Humm.....rule change....best 5 eh?

495.3....damn....still big frog. av-943.gif

Andrew B or Steve N would have been tied for 1st. I just didnt want Joe R to grab top honors I see you're not too proud of your status JP and had to post somone elses times? biggrin.gif Maybe you should ask Brit to give you some driving lessons? av-943.gif

But as you know AX is all about who shows up. I'm the national champ of 914cup 2007 currently because others didnt show up. Not much differnt than real world of AX. LOL!
J P Stein
I'm starting this New Year's resolution early......Don't feed the trolls.
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 13 2007, 06:30 PM) *

I'm starting this New Year's resolution early......Don't feed the trolls.

Thats OK I troll for beer too.
IPB Image

Joe Ricard
Got to run what ya brung. last winter we were running Goodyear Canti's 430 compound. temps were in the 30's Only tiars I had so that what we run on.
But at least we were racing in the winter.

I am seriously thinking of A6's all around this year 275/35-15. Slicks take too much time to heat up. Leave the slicks for track days when heat is easy to make and tires need to hold up longer.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 14 2007, 05:30 AM) *

I am seriously thinking of A6's all around this year 275/35-15. Slicks take too much time to heat up. Leave the slicks for track days when heat is easy to make and tires need to hold up longer.

Ever try to find *light* 10 X 15 wheels? BTDT , no luck...... & good luck with them suckers up front...should you find any. By light I mean some thing like the 4, 10 X16s I have.....12lbs each.....which I no longer run up front.

I asked Greg Fordahl how he was able to make the 10 X 16s work up front on Mr. Gulick's 914. I got some words that didn't make much sense when I digested them....but I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer....maybe if he talked real slow........ blink.gif

Also.....I asked Hoosier which would get heat more quickly, A6s or R35 slicks. He said the R35s. Maybe if you'd try some new tires rather than castoffs.....but I fergit, you're gonna be a track rat....another DE hero? biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Hey old bugger,
Remember in a few hours I'll have two cars.

I don't know about that. Kiezer makes the wheel I want for AX only they will serve me well.

I have been doing testing with my pyrometer between my car 2 driver and a competative C5 at Nationals also 2 driver. His tires were in the 120's as were mine. He said he treid slicks and noticed that the car was quicker to point and turn in with the stiffer side wall of the A6. The vette was cooling his rear tires with water after the 2nd run.

With 2 drivers and warm weather I have no problem with grip.
Spring and fall get tougher and without a good co-driver this season I am probably screwed.

Tire science is tough stuff to digest.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 15 2007, 04:46 AM) *

Tire science is tough stuff to digest.

That's God's own truth........
I'm not sure I understand everything I think I know. blink.gif

One thing I think I know is you can't use data from a car that weighs 1200 lbs more than ours. It might be useful for *something*......I have had tires get greasy from heat generated pressure gains, but drop them back down to base pressure and they come back in. I think that is due to reduced contact patch not overheated rubber.

I now keep on top of pressure. It's not unusual to gain 5-7 lbs in the first 3-5 runs.
Slicks seem to get hot quicker (& cool quicker) partially due to having less mass than R specs.
Less tire weight is another bonus. My tire/wheel set ups weighs 30-33 lbs ea.
Racer
So.. I recalled this thread when looking for my 914 last fall. Now that I have one and the season has begun around here, are folks "playing" in 2008? Signing up regardless... mmm cones smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... it is going on. Just look in the menus area to find it and input your times. So far my times are good at the events but not so good here. TToD is generally a very fast car that is killing my times here. Damn you Ron Bauer biggrin.gif
helios
What is Ron driving this year?
J P Stein
The same blue Miata he & Daniels rans last year.
We got our asses kicked last time out.....but it wasn't a straight up fight.
Prolly won't get a shot at em' again till July.
PeeGreen 914
Yeah.. that miata is pissing me off:D Well that and Leads 914. There is all the cars that run and then they come in about 1 to 2 seconds faster than everyone else.... sometimes. However, one of those two cars does end up getting top time. This last weekend it was some other Miata that has a full cage and 300 Hp with lot of rubber. Looks like crap but goes like a bat out of hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.