Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seatbelt wiring under seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I would like to remove the seatbelt wiring under the seats; is there a wire connection or some kind of fuse or something. I don't want to cause any electrical problems with the car. Thanks Mike
So.Cal.914
What year is your car?
SLITS
Join the two big yellow wires togther. Throw the rest of the shit away.

Car should be a '74.
xperu
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 7 2007, 05:06 PM) *

Car should be a '74.

My car is a 74 sorry I didn't state that before. Thanks Mike
kconway
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 7 2007, 03:06 PM) *

Car should be a '74.

Ron,
after splicing those two 12AWG yellow wires, you can cut all the others out? Anything hot that will blow a fuse?
SLITS
Not that I remember ..... The yellow leads are switched hot. You can leave the logic relay mount in place if you wish and just jumper the two yellow connections (remove the relay ... big silver? thingy) and leave the rest of the wiring in place.

Its' only function was a seat belt relay .... car won't start unless your butt is putting pressure on the load sensor built into the seat.

Oh, I forgot .... it also lights the seat belt light above the air controls on the dash.
mills914/s
Slits your the man......You have been helping all sorts of people lately.
xperu
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 8 2007, 09:10 AM) *

Not that I remember ..... The yellow leads are switched hot. You can leave the logic relay mount in place if you wish and just jumper the two yellow connections (remove the relay ... big silver? thingy) and leave the rest of the wiring in place.

Its' only function was a seat belt relay .... car won't start unless your butt is putting pressure on the load sensor built into the seat.

Oh, I forgot .... it also lights the seat belt light above the air controls on the dash.

What happened is when I was cleaning the tar off my pans looking for rust, the small wires started smoking I think some bare wire come in contact with the pan metal after removing the tar. I just want to get rid of the crap under the seats without messing up my wiring. After the short I started the car and also checked fuses and everything check out ok. Mike
addwestern
Yes, the silver boxes of death were actually disabled or removed as part of the factory recall- remove the two yellows, join with splice, and tape well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.