Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone installed a Corbeau Forza?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
yeah...im sick of working under the car...still not running, havent got under there since posting about the fuel pump...will do it tomorrow. Thought I would do something different tonight...well I have a Corbeau Forza, the instructions are pretty much useless, and there is no info in the Haynes manual. How do you switch it? What hardware is needed from original rails? Just wanted to ask before I fu^k something up. Thanx
ps: I do have the adapters for the rails. Anyone have any photos of this also? icon14.gif
DrifterJay
anyone?
sj914
Well first you need to take the seat off the car. just adjust it forward as far as it will go and then there will be a total of four bolts at the back of the seat mounting rails, two on each side.

After you get the seat out look under the seat rail that has the tilt handle on it and you should see a release, thats what will let you slide the seat off of the rail. Once you get the seat separated from the slider mount, all thats left is the rails that are directly screwed onto the seats themselves.

As far as mounting the new seat there are kits that allows you to either mount the seat directly on to the floorboard or to your existing slider.
DrifterJay
im lazy...did a quick search
DrifterJay
thank you..im as far as having the seat out..need to take off the back pad...thats a new adventure...have to figure out how to remove the engine lid release dealio. Dont want to tear pad....is perfect...the only thing not jacked up on my car...lol
sj914
The engine lid release just screws out and then the bezel screws out as well.
Steve
Here's a link to the pelican site that has complete instructions.
I installed a pair in my 914.
Drilling is required because the holes don't line up.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...at_install3.htm

Steve
DrifterJay
its in...and its purty wub.gif
I think I am gonna go for a drive driving.gif
if only it would start... laugh.gif
J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.