Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone priced out a fuel pump lately?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CHAFF
Hey eveyone...

Has anyone found a good price on a fuel pump lately? I'm in the market for a new one since I've recently had to switch to my spare.

-L
drgchapman
~$400.00.........
Marlow
The Bosch's run about $240 to $400, depends on whether you need the 2-port or 3-port (the 2-port can be substituted for the 3-port with a little extra work).

If you're not opposed to aftermarket options check out Mallory, Walbro (GSL-393), or other inline pumps. As long as they can output at least 35 to 40 psi they should work fine. I use the Walbro and it cost about $130, works great. Will require a little extra work to get installed but nothing major.

The Mallory looks suspiciously like the Walbro and is a bit more expensive, like $200.
IronHillRestorations
I've tried a couple Walbros on cars with carbs, and they worked OK but died way to soon and out of warranty.

My .02 is to spend the extra for the Bosch and it will last a long time.
toon1
I just put in an MSD pump, cost, $95, avail at Summit. It's a bit noisy but it's a durable pump.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
those rebuilt bosch fuel injection pumps for the 70-74 914-4s are usually about 145-165 $$
Jenny
I got mine for $170 at High Performace House. I think there's a core charge too, dunno what that is because I gave mine back.

Jen
Katmanken
I just put an inline Pierburg in my Vanagon for less than the Bosch- supposedly used by the VW factory in their Vanagons. Mine is a 2.1L wasserboxer with the Digifant version of the Ljet so it's a match for a teener in volume, pressure and a remarkably similar system.

Go here Bus depot

They have Bosch pumps on sale now for $159 and it looks like a match for the type 4 Bus engines

Hmm Pierburg used to be cheaper than Bosch.

Ken
CHAFF
Hi Ken is this a 3 port pump?

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=GFP301

QUOTE(kwales @ May 9 2007, 06:09 PM) *

I just put an inline Pierburg in my Vanagon for less than the Bosch- supposedly used by the VW factory in their Vanagons. Mine is a 2.1L wasserboxer with the Digifant version of the Ljet so it's a match for a teener in volume, pressure and a remarkably similar system.

Go here Bus depot

They have Bosch pumps on sale now for $159 and it looks like a match for the type 4 Bus engines

Hmm Pierburg used to be cheaper than Bosch.

Ken

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.