Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car won't turn off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
I had a problemt oday. I was driving down the road on this lovley 70 degree day when I went around a corner and found that some wires that I had run somehow got wrapped around the steering column. A few wires were pulled off of their male connectors on the fuse block, no wires were damaged, just pulled off the connection. So I get everything back together, start the car and now it won't turn off. WTF?
I always have current going to the coil + lead unless I unplug the black wire(s) from the #9 fuse.
I can't seem to find the problem. Oh yeah, my gauges are out too.
Does anyone have a good pic or diagram of a 72 fuse box?

Its not the ignition switch, it new and was working fine, I umplugged it and had the same result.
I am running a GM HEI. All was well until that corner.

Or any suggestions

Mark
jonferns
hey! i have a 74...if you want I can take a quick run outside and take a pic....--JON
tracks914
Sorry but that's funny av-943.gif
I don't mean to laugh but happy11.gif OK yes I do.
That's funny. av-943.gif
Dump the clutch and go have a beer. beerchug.gif
John
You must have an un-switched hot wire (red) landed on the fuse block in the wrong bank of fuses (the black wires are switched hots including the wire for the coil). If you look carefully, there are a couple of groups of fuses tied together. Some are switched hot and some are constant hot.

Recheck the positions that you landed the wires on the fuse block.

Since you can kill the coil by pulling fuse #9, then start there. There is a "always hot" wire landed to the other side of the fuse (it's probably in a group).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.