914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Martin Baker
davep
bleyseng, bowlsby, brad anders would be good guesses
sixnotfour
Bleyseng
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=24
william harris
Bleyseng/Geoff did mine and it make all the difference in the world.
Martin Baker
sixnotfour
Well then this looks like it is going to be pretty popular at the auction;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=71384&hl=
bd1308
the full load stop?

I think they put them in to decrease the chance for breakage.
pbanders
QUOTE(bd1308 @ May 14 2007, 09:54 AM) *

the full load stop?

I think they put them in to decrease the chance for breakage.

True, for the most part. On most of the MPS's I've worked on, when you remove the full load stop, the injection duration at 0 inHg increases only by 0.1 or 0.2 ms, which says to me that it's mainly there to distribute the stress from the diaphragm. The extent of full-load enrichment is actually more of a function of the onset adjustment - early onset/greater extent - later onset/smaller extent.

BTW, I don't do adjustments as a business - too many committments already!
JeffBowlsby
No not the full load stop. We are talking about a spacer ring at the perimeter of the diaphragm. Only found on the 2.0L MPSs. I wish I could find a photo...
Bleyseng
049 MPS's usually have the diaphram spacer ring and adjust to a 2.0L MPS settings fine.
Early 1.7 MPS Covers have a cast in ring/stop which makes it hard to adjust the WOT setting for a 2.0L. I usually swap in a 2.0L cover especially if its a late rebuild diaphram as they have a exterior press on clip.

If you want me to set it up send it to me to evaluate the mps. thumb3d.gif

OH, on the WOT stop adjustment. If everything else is set up right the WOT can have a range of 11 to 1 to 16 to 1 depending of where its set.
Martin Baker
This MPS used to be a 037 or 049 for the 2.0, the last of the numbers on the end case are ground out, like most of the re-conditioned ones I have seen. It now has this sticker on it which means nothing to me, probably only to however reconditioned it. Check out the photos to confirm. It holds great vacuum, I had it on my 74 2.0, and it ran OK, but gave me a high idle, and low power at WOT, I put the one I just bought from Otto, a 037 reconditioned one, and it runs great, great idle, and great power. I would like to know if it can be tuned to a 2.0 profile with minimal work, if not, I'll sell it. My Orange car is absolutely my last 4 cyl 914. I must not purchase any more 914 types.
Bleyseng
yeah, it should be able to be tuned thumb3d.gif
Martin Baker
Do you have a web site, or should I PM you for details on how to get it to you?

Martin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.