Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 930 Turbo Suspension on Conversion Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brettmski
I saw a set of 89 930 Turbo suspension (front and rear, everything including brakes) on ebay and it got me thinking. Has anyone ever put a Turbo suspension on a 914? I have a car to do a conversion on and maybe, just maybe I would look at doing the grand daddy suspension on it.
So.Cal.914
From what I have heard 1989 was the last year that 911 suspension 'Bolted' right

on. I believe it will fit but you might ask Slits, Aaron Cox, Eric_Shea or one of the

other Guru's. Try PMing one of them. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
up to 89 will bolt up. 930 front susp setups have bigger brakes, and more offset hubs.... (pushes your wheel outboard), which works if you have flares....

overkill for a narrow body car....

and only the brakes from the 930 rear can be adapted (and axles maybe), but they dont just bolt onto a 914 rear. still have to use a 914 rear arm
skline
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 14 2007, 01:41 PM) *

up to 89 will bolt up. 930 front susp setups have bigger brakes, and more offset hubs.... (pushes your wheel outboard), which works if you have flares....

and only the brakes from the 930 rear can be adapted (and axles maybe), but they dont just bolt onto a 914 rear. still have to use a 914 rear arm

The wise Guru has spoken!! pray.gif

av-943.gif
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 14 2007, 02:41 PM) *

I want to be sure I don't misunderstand: The pre-'89 bolts in AND doesn't require flares? And what rear change-over, aside from 5-hole, is worth spending money on? Which rear swap-out has bigger brakes AND still has some kind of parking brake compatible with the 914 cable set-up?
echocanyons
you can pretty much froget about the rear suspension, its a totally different setup.

the rear brakes may work.

yep up to 89 911 struts are all good donors
nein14
I have 87' 930 Bilstein Struts on my car w/flares bolted up fine.
Aaron Cox
the turbo hubs have around 10 to 20mm extra width built onto them IIRC. which could mean flares if you try anything over a 7" wheel up front on a stock bodied car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.