Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 55mm blower to HE heater hose... NLA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I'm on the hunt for the correct 55mm heater hose that goes in the engine compartment between the blower and the heat exchangers. The guy at GPR looked through the computer (PET?) and said Porsche was showing the 60mm hose and hose clamps as a replacement. The correct stuff fits so well that it doesn't even need clamps. Is it NLA?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(bondo @ May 15 2007, 11:01 AM) *

I'm on the hunt for the correct 55mm heater hose that goes in the engine compartment between the blower and the heat exchangers. The guy at GPR looked through the computer (PET?) and said Porsche was showing the 60mm hose and hose clamps as a replacement. The correct stuff fits so well that it doesn't even need clamps. Is it NLA?

One of our Canadian members had it a while back. I can't remember who it was. The hose he had was red.
Chris Pincetich
I bought one from Pelican last year = black hose inside engine bay down to J-tubes.
I bought the hose from Mihai (sp?) this year that goes from flapper boxes to hole in body = orange/white tough plastic with metal spiral inside. I have one extra length of this in my garage beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Bore out a 45mm hose wink.gif
mrhurtalot
pelican has them. i bought both the long and short one

they also have the redish one the the flapper boxes.
Joe Ricard
Not for the CW crowd.
I always used the large diameter shop vac hose. Perfect.
eg914
Also not CW, I am using aircraft CAT (black) tubing for the hoses from the fan and SCAT (orange) tubing for the heater valve to body. I think I used 2.25" for the CAT and 2.5" for the SCAT, with hose clamps. Total cost was less than buying just the lower hoses from Pelican.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.