Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
...one trailing arm semi-done.

The IDs of the trailing arm pivot bores were out-of-round and not in line.....big surprise, eh?

The short side was about .015 O/R.....apparently due to the welding adjacent to that side. Get out the die grinder and it's many useful attachments, calipers, and poke & hope. Got it "PFCE" and tapped it thru till it hit the far side....then got out the BFH & drove it home. Sealed it all up with etch primer....it ain't going nowhere. The bearings dropped in..after more primer. Piece of cake.
redshift
Nice primer.

What color are they going to be?

M
joea9146
Very Nice..... You make it to pretty u wont wana drive it wink.gif
J P Stein
Your favortie color is underneath the yellow, dickweed.

Iff'n I had 50 more free rattle cans of the stuff, I'd paint the whole car jest like it.
ChrisReale
Nice JP. Im going to do the front and rear Mueller bearings as my initiation to California. then maybe those Tarret sphericals if B-Hole doant ask for too much labor...
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Dec 7 2003, 02:29 PM)
Nice JP. Im going to do the front and rear Mueller bearings as my initiation to California. then maybe those Tarret sphericals if B-Hole doant ask for too much labor...

He's got your car, Chris. That would be Mr. B-hole. wink.gif
redshift
I hope someone gives you a case of Dr. Seuss colored paint, and you end up with multi-colored stripes... oh, and that one cheap yellow arm..

laugh.gif

I would not paint it with my cash
But any color with your stash
I will not spend to paint my car
I will not pay... JP I aer

M
GWN7
Does this mean we should start a "Send your extra cans of paint to J P" thread? laugh.gif

Looks good smile.gif
ChrisReale
I think I am going to have my A-Arms and trailing arms powder coated. Looks good.
Katmanken
Hey!

I'm gonna go out in my garage and see if that halfa gallon of Saturn Yellow is still there.....

If it aint, I got a good idea who took it.

If they did take it, they probably thought no one would look under their car..... laugh.gif

So this make it easier to find your car when ya roll it?

I'd put black stripes on those suckas......Really make them stand out....

Ken
J P Stein
You have been hanging around with the Bradpac. laugh.gif

Leaving Meullers bearings out of the total, I have practially no money, but a BUNCH of work in the A arms and trailing arms. I also have spares for all....cause they are "expendables". Rattle can wurks for me.

On another note:
I pulled my rear hubs & wheel bearings. 2 different manf. wheel brgs...long story.....anyhew, one fell apart as usual
while driving out the hub. The other stayed intact. The FAG bearing looks like a winner and the SKF the looser. So, I fergit where I got the FAG bearing (try to control yourself, Miles). I need 2 new ones, any clues? Also need .5 in longer studs (this is gonna be too much for Miles) laugh.gif
redshift
I don't care about your personal life, just that I can rib you about your paint.

wink.gif

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 7 2003, 06:11 PM)
(this is gonna be too much for Miles) laugh.gif

LOL.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.