Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine tin identification -- what is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toomanyinkc
These were in the boxes-o-parts that came with the car. Where do they go?

Click to view attachment

Does this one go above the oil cooler?

Click to view attachment

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at parts diagrams but haven't solved this mystery.
Bartlett 914
Engine cooling tins. Top one goes next to one of the cylinders (can't remember which one. The bottom goes near the oil cooler.
TravisNeff
Second one is for the oil cooler. first one goes on the rear of the engine, if I remember right.
toomanyinkc
Click to view attachment

still don't get it...can someone identify them on the diagram?

Looks like my second pic is #24? Is the oil cooler below it?
John
As the exploded view shows, the first piece is the drivers side closest to the fan housing, front side of cylinder, the second piece is the passenger side closest to the fan housing, front side of cylinder (where the oil cooler is). The opening on the second piece allows cool air to be directed to the oil cooler.

Good luck.

just my $0.02
skline
The first picture is number 17 in your diagram smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Passing thru

I now see you have the dia. I was going to give you.
Dave_Darling
The first is #17, and it goes between the driver's side cylinder head and the alternator.

The second is #24, and it goes on top of the oil cooler and in front of the passenger's side cylinder head.

--DD
toomanyinkc
Thank you!!! I had today off work and it seems like I didn't get anything done on the car - but I did learn where some parts go and determined some more parts that I need. I now see that this is going to be a very slow process.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.