Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracked heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
About this time last year I had a problem with my 2.0.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=51716&hl=

Lately I started working on this motor. It is unbelievable all the problems I have found. First I found Bus pistons and .063 in shims giving me a very low CR. I decided to check my valve guides. I borrowed a compressor from Glenn Stazak and removed the valves. I found my problem with cylinder 3. Intake seat totally loose. I also found cracks. I thought they were repaired (back in 88). The shop only installed heli-coils in the spark plug holes. No welding. I started what I had hoped to be a reseal job. headbang.gif
Jake Raby
Totally typical..It was ran out of tune or someone didn't know how to use 5th gear...

Send the heads straight to www.haminc.biz or just buy some LE 180s and be done with it for another 20 years :-)
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 18 2007, 03:04 PM) *

Totally typical..It was ran out of tune or someone didn't know how to use 5th gear...

Send the heads straight to www.haminc.biz or just buy some LE 180s and be done with it for another 20 years :-)

Hi Jake

I know. That is an excellent idea and probably one I will pursue at a later date. This engine is the one with the bus pistons. I have another motor that I had planned to use with one of your kits. I will steal the heads from that motor. Later when I am ready for that rebuild, I will pony up. Right now, I need a decent motor for my DD using all the stuff I have collected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.