Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plugs and Gap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
I'm running stock fi euro 2.0.

What plugs and gap are you using on your similar motor?

Just wondering.

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 8 2003, 05:52 AM)
I'm running stock fi euro 2.0.
What plugs and gap are you using on your similar motor?

what ignition ?

if stock, it's hard to beat Bosch copper plugs gapped per the spec book.

HiPo ignitions go bigger. i'm using 0,040" with my HI-6, reduced from 0,044" just to eliminate any possibility of problems while i was stalking my bad-running issues. now that i've got that resolved i'll probably bump them back open to 0,045" again ...
redshift
I'm just wondering if there are options out there that make any difference on a completely stock setup.

On another topic.. somewhat relative...

Gas futures... I think you need to invest in petroleum futures... there is going to be an early January rush for another mix, at least here.

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 8 2003, 06:39 AM)
I'm just wondering if there are options out there that make any difference on a completely stock setup.

you might see a teeny improvement with Denso finewire iridium.
they probably won't make enough difference to be worth the ~$12/plug cost tho.

(January rush for another mix? i'm sorry, i'm not following you ...)
redshift
I was just noting that the early cold fuel formulas (my coast) are not working, makes gas prices go up next qtr..

Since they are down, makes a good time to buy a few, and get ready to short some more.

smile.gif

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 8 2003, 06:57 AM)
Since they are down, makes a good time to buy a few...

actually, i'm on my way to buy 500 gallons of heating oil. the price was less than i was expecting; perhaps this is indeed a good time...
Brett W
I have never had any success with Bosch Plugs, Get a set of NGK B7ES for a stock motor and run them at .030 your engine will run great.
redshift
Noted, I just got back from a plug run.

smile.gif

M
Gint
I pretty much use standard copper NGK's in any car I'm planning on keeping. And I don't have a running 914 at the moment, so I'll skip answering the gap question.
Drums66
The last set of Bosch plugs I used lasted for a year or so....I might have pushed it but they were good to go fired beautiful! they were super Bosch and that's what I replaced them with. Gap .028 but I agree NGK is a fine plug. I'm talking T-4 2.0 boldblue.gif
ChrisReale
Bosch W7CC's and stock gap. magnacore wires. I let the hamsters smoke crack tho, so I get a few more ponies outta them, but it gets expensive unsure.gif
redshift
Gap has alot to do with CH temps, huh?

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.