Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New here....here is the full story...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jonferns
looks good....sent you a PM....--JON
tweeter
little update...
had to replace the rear trunk hinges and mouting brackets...you can see in the first pic that the rear trunk was out of wack due to the bracket ripping off the car...
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

now its pouyfect! also replaced rear trunk seal and engine compartment seal and added gas shocks to the trunk and got rid of torsion bars...

next was to replace all the fuel lines, fuel pump, relocate fuel pump, clean out front compartment, new heater and blower tubes...

start
IPB Image

tank out
IPB Image

clean...somewhat (i kinda gave up and focused more on getting the car done)
IPB Image

pump relocated to front of car and out of "hell hole" in the rear of car
IPB Image

old fuel lines and new fuel lines (ones in engine bay are being repalced also...
IPB Image

that is about it, the lines are in, i have to run wire to fuel pump, put tank back in, finish lines in engine bay, then get her back on the ground...
Scott S
Cool car...
Are you sure the paint is original? The overspray on the front trunk springs and the paint on the charcoal cannister lines that run under the drivers side rocker make it look like it was repainted.
Just curious....
-S

Edit:
I just noticed that the fresh air intake under the cowel vent has been painted - definitely a re-paint. Do you know when?
tweeter
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jul 5 2007, 08:45 PM) *

Cool car...
Are you sure the paint is original? The overspray on the front trunk springs and the paint on the charcoal cannister lines that run under the drivers side rocker make it look like it was repainted.
Just curious....
-S

Edit:
I just noticed that the fresh air intake under the cowel vent has been painted - definitely a re-paint. Do you know when?

there is no overspray on the charcole cannister, its just dirt,, but the springs do look painted and so do the hoses on the side...my dad was the only owner and said he never had it painted, but when he got the car from the dealer i think he said it had like 5k miles on it...
jonferns
maybe an accident within those 5k miles, and they repainted???
tweeter
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 5 2007, 09:41 PM) *

maybe an accident within those 5k miles, and they repainted???

has clean title no accidents or anything...no damage or welds anywhere that i have seen...
i love porsche
wow..this car is gorgeous..cant wait to see it on the road!
Scott S
[quote name='tweeter' date='Jul 5 2007, 04:51 PM' post='920083']
[/quote]
there is no overspray on the charcole cannister, its just dirt,, but the springs do look painted and so do the hoses on the side...my dad was the only owner and said he never had it painted, but when he got the car from the dealer i think he said it had like 5k miles on it...
[/quote]

It could have simply been scratched and touched up as well. painting the the lines that run to the charcoal cannister is a bit strange, but everything else could easlily have been a touch up. My dads 6 had some rust start around the antenna hole when the car was less than 5 years old. The repair was perfect.
Here are the spots that caught my attention:

Yep - super cool ride for sure.
jonferns
still looks good though...i didnt even notice the paint in the grills by the windshield (very hard to notice)..
Toast
Wow! Amazing story so far!
Thanks a bunch for sharing and posting before and after pics!

Great looking ride so far, keep it up! aktion035.gif

toast.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.