Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rennshift help....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
so....rennshift....heard its a good mod to do (to improve the very sloppy shifting)....so, does anyone have it, how was the installation, and what does it improve....would really appreciate some info from someone who has it....thanks alot in advance.... ---JON biggrin.gif
JWest
I have a few - it's a good mod. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ May 26 2007, 07:05 PM) *

so....rennshift....heard its a good mod to do (to improve the very sloppy shifting)....so, does anyone have it, how was the installation, and what does it improve....would really appreciate some info from someone who has it....thanks alot in advance.... ---JON biggrin.gif

The post below your original is a little joke you may not get Jon.

James Adams is the designer, manufacturer, and owner of JWest Engineering and may be biased.

I have the Rennshifter in my silver car. I also have several other JWest products. My 901 was pretty bad when I got my car. After all of the bushings in the shift mechanicals were changed out improved dramatically but the biggest improvement was the Rennshifter. A 901 shouldn't shift this good. Put it on your list and after you have good brakes, good running engine, then get it. James sells several other things of value too when you get to his website.
TimT
Rennshift is money well spent
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ May 26 2007, 06:05 PM) *

to improve the very sloppy shifting

NO

if you got sloppy shifting, you got other problems! don't try to use the rennshift as a cure for your sloppy shifting.

FIX your shifter problem first. THEN improve your shifting experience with a rennshifter.

the stock 914 shifter setup can be made to shift without slop ...
bye1.gif Andy (proud owner of a rennshifter)
Dr Evil
agree.gif replace all of your shift bushings first.
jonferns
yea...i have the shift bushings here, to replace, probably today....--JON
jonferns
so...what will it take to install, as far as time goes...and also, what needs to be taken out??? any cutting/welding??? thanks alot ---JON
Dr Evil
Bolts right in, no problem. You just need to adjust it.
pete-stevers
fix up slop first...then get a shifter...
for even more improvement!
john rogers
As noted previously, replace all the bushings, then get one of the middle coupler replacements, either the setup James sells or someone elses and then install the Rennshift. Once it is adjusted it will shift like magic, my race car sure does. I can shift into 1st gear at 20 MPH when I race in Mexico at the tight street races and it is great to have!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.