Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: longitudinal construction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
As I understand it the long consists of two "C" shaped halves. Each half consists of an outer skin and an inner stiffener. Upon disection of my hell hole I know this to be the case at the engine compartment. My question is how far forward does the inner stiffener extend?

I have not opened the front area up yet but I was hoping to find out what I should expect.

Thanks,
John
McMark
I just bumped my old thread. wink.gif
So.Cal.914
This will give you an idea.

Click to view attachment
obscurity
Thanks!! Based on the posts so far it looks like the stiffener only goes as far forward as the seatbelt anchor (and barely that far)
McMark
I think what you're calling the 'stiffener' is actually the heater tube... I can't imagine what else starts at the hell hole and goes to the seat belt anchor. confused24.gif
obscurity
QUOTE(McMark @ May 28 2007, 09:39 PM) *

I think what you're calling the 'stiffener' is actually the heater tube... I can't imagine what else starts at the hell hole and goes to the seat belt anchor. confused24.gif

I'm pretty sure there is an inner (thicker) piece of steel inside the long that starts just in front of the trunk and runs to the lower seatbelt attachment point. It is spot welded to the inside of the long. If you buy a replacement upper and lower wheel house panel it has the "stiffener" prewelded in

I'm sure "stiffener" is not the accepted term but I'm not sure what is

the arrow points to the part I'm talking about at the seatbelt. Am I wrong in thinking that it extends back along the longitudinal to somewhere around the trunk?

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I think "reinforcement" would be a more apt description. You can see the end in that picture there--it just goes for a little while around the seat belt mount, and that's it.

Oh, and remember--that pic you reposted is the back part of the tunnel.

--DD
McMark
Ahhhhhhh, right on. You are correct! That is the corrugated piece seen above.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.