Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
I have been considering rebuilding my 901 side shifter for my track/AX car.
One box must fill all my needs.
the motor is a 2056,with raby cam, running D-jet, probably around 110+ HP.

I think that a rebuild while the motor is out is practical...

suggestions for 3rd, 4th and 5th ratios.

We run, Thunderhill 2-3 times per year, Buttonwillow once per year and Sears once per year....also Laguna at least as a DE event.

thoughtful responses are appreciated.

I want to make sure I don't run out of RPMs at the tracks with long straights like TH and BW.

thanks

ConeDodger
Dan,
Sounds like you are at the same place I am... All dressed up and no 901 to go.

There was a thread on this in the Paddock a while back. Someone had posted the available gears and ratios. One option I did not take, probably out of loyalty to Ron at IPB here in Sacramento was to take the engine down to Jerry Woods and dyno it and they would build the 901 with appropriate gears for what I want to do.

Frankly though, I am wondering what has gotten in to you. You are always so GGR "points" concious. Now you have a non-stock cam and you are chattin' up non-stock gears... happy11.gif Devil been whisperin' in your ears???

I think this is you at Marina last July... If that car gets any lower to the ground you will need a periscope to drive it. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
my KA S box is amazing..... kept the ZD 5th for overdrive (and to drive to events at highway speeds)
race914
Hi Dan,

There is an X gear on Ebay if you decide to go the M-S-X route

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.