Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attaching Fiberglass rocker panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cobra94563
I'm attaching flared FG rocker panels.
I attached the top edge along the door sill and at the fenders and wondering if I should tap screw in the bottom edge as well?
If anyone done this, thanks.
confused24.gif
SGB
I don't think you should penetrate the floor pan. What I did was drill a hole in the bottom edge of the rocker and attach (are you ready?) a binder clip so I can clip it to the ridge where the floor meets the long. I know it sounds pretty hokey, but it works. I'll try to take a picture tonight.
So.Cal.914
If my memory is not fuching with me the stock one does secure to the bottem with screws.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Chris,
I had F/G rocker panels on my '70/4 from 1978 thru last year. They were not flared however. I fastened them with small sheetmetal screws where the rocker panel was secured previously with pop rivets on the door sill. I did not fasten them on the bottom, however.Those rocker panels never gave me any problems for almost 20 years.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ May 31 2007, 08:47 AM) *

If my memory is not fuching with me the stock one does secure to the bottem with screws.

Correct!
cobra94563
OK.
Also, as I attached the upper edge, the bot pulled away from the body, so it kind of goes straigh down. I have to push it in to attach and I don't know what it normally should be - angled or staright down?
So.Cal.914
It's angled.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.