Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Half height lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
On Speed (High Rev Tuners) they had a lift that went up about 4 1/2 feet, or so, and the mechanic just sat on a stool and worked on the underside of the car. The stool had wheels so he could get around pretty easily.

Anyone ever try working under a car sitting down? What's the fatigue factor here?

Of course you lose storage, but the real question is whether or not you can do all the same things you could do on a full height lift, without injury?
DuckRyder
I used to work on a lot of stuff on the alignment rack which is about that height.

The fatige factor didn't bother me.

most of those lifts lift the car on a platform, so pulling a transmission or drive shaft doesn't work too well on conventional cars, but other wise I would think you're good to go.

Rotary which makes most of the shop racks in this area has a new line which looks nice:

http://www.revolutionlifts.com/default.asp
URY914
I've always thought those low-height/mid raise lifts would be just the ticket for a home shop. wink.gif
And perfect for a 'teener.

Paul
Eric_Shea
Check out Dales car on two motorcycle lifts...
Steve Thacker
Now that is the chit! I'm jealous..... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.