Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
zymurgist
Whoa... too bad we had to leave early. I could have made the cowbell sing! biggrin.gif
JPB
If you made more beer, it would have been a massive crash site for the night. You had the world by the nads my friend; by the nads. Of all the hobbies I have ever seen, this zymdog deal is by far the coolest hobbie ever. You have converted me and can't wait to get started once I settle in somewhere. I get a feelin your cowbell will come in handy at the next event biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Was that the, Official, announcement of next yrs. entertainment

3 Guitars, Drums ,and Zymurqist on COW BELL? We need to sell tickets.

Dave aktion035.gif slap.gif
scotty b
Dave how are you doing ? I assume all went well in the O.R.?
Dr Evil
Dave, you were missed and your beer donation was greatly appreciated biggrin.gif I did my best to appreciate it biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for the interest. How well did things go in the OR ?

Lets see, today after work I came home and install m2 new horns and fog light

grills on my 914. ON my back up and down numerous times,no problems other

than that caused by the 50 to 60 lbs i have put on since i first factured that

vertebrae. Mon. i start on my exercise program,( WALKING 2 MILES IN 1/2 HR)

I will work up to that. DO I feel better, Is a 500 lbs canary big?????

iguess i am starting to be the poster Boy for the KYPHON procidure.

I am a new man,well i guess just a old one that finally got his back fixed!!!!!!

Dave slap.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 22 2007, 09:14 AM) *

If you made more beer, it would have been a massive crash site for the night. You had the world by the nads my friend; by the nads. Of all the hobbies I have ever seen, this zymdog deal is by far the coolest hobbie ever. You have converted me and can't wait to get started once I settle in somewhere. I get a feelin your cowbell will come in handy at the next event biggrin.gif

Thanks for your support! I actually had additional homebrew, but it was freshly bottled and it hadn't fully carbonated yet. I'm not too crazy about flat beer. Seems like those 9.5% Belgians take a little while to mature. drunk.gif

Fall is almost here, so it's cider time. I bought 5 gallons of fresh pressed cider from a local farm. It's UV sanitized (no heat) so it's very fresh and appley tasting. No heat = pectins aren't set, so it should ferment out very clear, just like last year. I got the cider from their fridge and poured it into a glass fermenter to let it warm up to room temperature... after several hours, I threw in some yeast nutrient and a packet of my favorite ale yeast. That should be done in a few weeks. beer3.gif

Oh yeah, also threw together an all-grain brown ale. I'm getting tired of having only "thick and heavy" beers on tap. This one is a lawnmower beer, and the preliminary samples (pre-fermentation) are spectacular... I'm thinking of having only session beers on tap and bottling the heavy, high-octane stuff. Unless it's a keg for a special event, of course! beerchug.gif

I gotta practice with that cowbell...
root
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 24 2007, 05:58 AM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 22 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks for your support! I actually had additional homebrew, but it was freshly bottled and it hadn't fully carbonated yet. I'm not too crazy about flat beer. Seems like those 9.5% Belgians take a little while to mature. drunk.gif

Fall is almost here, so it's cider time. I bought 5 gallons of fresh pressed cider from a local farm. It's UV sanitized (no heat) so it's very fresh and appley tasting. No heat = pectins aren't set, so it should ferment out very clear, just like last year. I got the cider from their fridge and poured it into a glass fermenter to let it warm up to room temperature... after several hours, I threw in some yeast nutrient and a packet of my favorite ale yeast. That should be done in a few weeks. beer3.gif

Oh yeah, also threw together an all-grain brown ale. I'm getting tired of having only "thick and heavy" beers on tap. This one is a lawnmower beer, and the preliminary samples (pre-fermentation) are spectacular... I'm thinking of having only session beers on tap and bottling the heavy, high-octane stuff. Unless it's a keg for a special event, of course! beerchug.gif

I gotta practice with that cowbell...

Is it just me or is there anybody else who gets totally blown away by zymurgist's knowledge of brewing. confused24.gif

I don't understand this stirthepot.gif

just this beer3.gif.

Rick L
Sounds like Octoberfest at Ken's house!

I'm on my way! beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif
zymurgist
I'm thinking Oktoberfest at Babydoll's house... she needs some help that experienced 914 guys can knock out in an afternoon. I will bring some Belgian Tripel and my experimental Double IPA (not really hoppy enough to be a "real" double IPA, but tasty nonetheless), and perhaps something else if it's ready by then.
Dr Evil
I hope I can make it to Caroline's house for that. Maybe I can fix her car.
root
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 24 2007, 11:19 AM) *

I hope I can make it to Caroline's house for that. Maybe I can fix her car.

I want in on Ken's brew again so I 'll offer up my shop in Sterling for an Octoberfest!
Surely Caroline's car can make it to Sterling. driving-girl.gif

Agenda -

1. Evil Fix's Caroline's car.
2. Root grills up German Sausage and Kraut.
2. Everyone else beer3.gif chowtime.gif

The shop has room for a bunch of 914'ers so if your serious reply on the best weekend for everyone? biggrin.gif

Rick L
2nd half of October is good for me. I'll be back from Myrtle Beach on the 8th (Sunday) and Saturday the 27th is bad (Halloween Party, my place!), but other thatn that, I'll be there!
angerosa
Wow another ECC for Octoberfest so soon after the last? Start a new thread!
zymurgist
QUOTE(angerosa @ Sep 24 2007, 05:01 PM) *

Wow another ECC for Octoberfest so soon after the last? Start a new thread!

A new thread is forthcoming Real Soon Now. Watch for a thread by "Babydoll."
type47
cool! i'm there if it's saturday. try to avoid conflict with the pca potomac club race being held the weekend of columbus day (Oct 5-7 ??)
VaccaRabite
Gimmie a where and when. Soon as I get that, I'll try to work it into my schedule. Mid october is exam time for me though, that could complicate issues. Another freind is trying to talk me into a 20 mile hike sometime around then too. So many choices....

Sooner its on the book, sooner I can book it.
Zach
jimkelly
20/21

or

27/28

i got a lot to do to get ready - got to gas up - check oil - check water level - get a good night sleep - like ROCKY - no women for a week so I can up up to my full strength : )

jim
scotty b
headbang.gif You guys are gonna kill my weekend werk schedule ! I allow myself 1 weekend a month to do nothing and I'm already commited to a camping trip sometime on Oct. NOw you all come up with this ! dry.gif It really isn't getting topgether with you dopes as much as it is about getting some of that fine ass cider/beer concoction av-943.gif
Dr Evil
You heard it hear, Scotty likes "ass cider/beer"!

Eeew
root
So it most have been Scotty who siphoned most of Ken's excellent brew at ECC. beer.gif idea.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 24 2007, 05:57 PM) *

You heard it hear, Scotty likes "ass cider/beer"!

Eeew

bootyshake.gif rent just went up bitch laugh.gif
Babydoll
: cheer.gif : Hey guys, Ken just pointed out this thread, the part about up-fixin'der-Babydoll at Matsys out in Sterling. Are you guys serious??!? That would be awesome... she's shakin' like Katherine Hepburn, but she could certainly make it out there. I'm thinking most of the week-ends in the middle of October would work, for me at any rate... heck, this week-end is supposed to be LOVELY, how 'bout this Saturday (the 29th)? Scott G. is sending me a replacement, working TPS switch, I should have it any day now. Ken says I have timing problems, among other issues. Sigh. I could show up with either brownies or a batch o' chili, (bribe food, we call that), Ken could bring homemade beer, and we could have a good time, like we did last time we met at Root's. Of course, this is predicated upon the availability of the shop in Sterling... you really serious about this?

You guys are too cool, you know that, right?!?!
VaccaRabite
Hey Caroline,

I don't know if that would be enough notice for some (most) of us. I know that I am busy this weekend, and had been trying to hold out some time in mid/late october for this little GTG.

Zach
VaccaRabite
The Sterling Meet thread

There, it now has it own thread and everything. :-)

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.