Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
VaccaRabite
ECC will take place Sept 15th in Frederick MD.

Link to the ECC 2007 EVITE, Please click here and sign in.

The evite is to help us identify how many people will be there, so we can get all the food and drinks and chairs needed. Sign up and let us know.

Matt has said that setting up a blanket to sell parts on is OK. But, he asks that the amount of parts that you bring to sell be able to fit in a 914. IE, don't load up your f-250 with parts to sell. Matt does not want his back yard to turn into the Hershey Swap Meet. biggrin.gif

The event will be held at Plas76targa's home.
The address is:
7188 Meadowbrooke Drive
Frederick, MD 21702
You can show up as early as noon.
There is a pool, bring a suit and towel.
There will be a drive with Photo-ops at 4.
There will be crash space for those who can't safely drive home afterwards.
Matt has suggested that any of you "planning" to not be able to drive home safely, to bring a tent, as floor space may be limited. Camp out on the back 50!

Zach
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 8 2007, 08:57 AM) *

I'd hate to see this event die, but I have heard nothing about whether or not there is any planning for it.

Anyone know?

Is Kerry even still active any more?

Zach

I will host it and pay for everything but of course it is a long way to travel all of the way down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe we could have it on Block Island! fifty 914s on the ferry from point judith would be a great picture!)
r_towle
There is a good idea!!!

Do you have access to a place for an all day BBQ? possibly camping also??

Rich
Dr Evil
Yay! Zach is volunteering! If it were in GA it would be the south wink.gif
pin31
Block Island or Newport !!!!!!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(pin31 @ Jun 8 2007, 10:07 AM) *

Block Island or Newport !!!!!!!!!!!

block island would be a amazing venue.
However maybe if we get a dedicated group we could pin a map of their residences and do something in the middle!
VaccaRabite
I would have to ask my wife about it, but I might have the space to host, either at my place in York PA, or at Potapsco State Park in Baltimore MD.

Having it in Altlanta would be awesome, but I doubt we would be able to draw many of the Northerners. The same goes for having up North for the southern folks. Northern VA to Southern PA is about equidistant to everyone, and we have a fairly large owner comunity.
VaccaRabite
I sent an email to Kerry off the boards to sound out his feelings on ECC 2007. I'll see if he gets back to me, and will report in on what his interest level is.

Zach
plas76targa
I was thinking of offering our new place. before you all get excited let me run it by The One Who Rules. What time frame did we hold this last year?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jun 8 2007, 02:47 PM) *

I was thinking of offering our new place. before you all get excited let me run it by The One Who Rules. What time frame did we hold this last year?

the ECC is in September.

Zach
Rick L
I have a contact just south of VA Beach, near the North Carolina Border. It's 6 hours from Eastern PA and about 7 from Atlanta.

Or....Zach and Matt, we could hook up and try to nail down Patapsco.

Let me know,
Rick
Johny Blackstain
What type of facilities are required for this event?

shades.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Jun 8 2007, 02:47 PM) *

Have you been to one? blink.gif You want a divorce? blink.gif biggrin.gif Kinda biger then our normal wrench on your car in futility meetings.
degreeoff
I am in ....if its near the fall I may even have my girl on the road....campout sounds fun!!
VaccaRabite
I chatted with Kerry. He is fallout from the December Divorce, but is will to help however he can to get ECC2007 back on track. I will volenteer to help plan it, but I am going to be buried in school work most of the time, so I won't be able to take charge. My MBA, plus sitting for my PMP in august plus work is going to have me it to be tied.

ECC will draw about 30 - 50 914s and assorted other vehicles if it is held in the Mid-Atlantic. I think it is the Mckeldon Shelter at Patapsco Park can hold near 200 cars, has spaces for grilling, open grass, some volleyball courts and a large pavilion shelter. No camping, though - and we would need to clean up before we left. There is a fee to use it, $200 if memory serves. If people are interested, I will look into it further.

At my place in York, we can put 50 914s in so long as the owners don't mind parking on the lawn. I have yet to clear with my wife, so it is NOT a definate location - yet at least.

So, cliffs notes:
1)Kerry will help, but will not lead
2)I will help, but will not lead
3)Someone need to step up to lead
4)Possible Locations in PA, RI, MD, VA and GA. Best locations will be in the Central PA - northern VA area.

I will be out in the woods all weekend, and will check back in on monday.

Lets make this HAPPEN!

Zach
JPB
Camp out? Me likes beer.gif
scotty b
pirate.gif I says we all commandeer Zach's place whether he likes it or not. The hell with any rules. We aren't 911 weenies, we don need to get no womens approval. Take back yer manhoods and stand up ! Stand up against the tyranny of the vageen. Stand up for what is right and just in the world. Be men. Be leaders. Be firm in your stance, put your foot down and say "NAY women Ye shall bide by MY rules now! Your days of rule are gone and my brethren WILL be here and you WILL NOT cause any disturbances, nor shall ye hold me by the sack afterwards, for I am MAN and I know what is best for you and I. Now GO women, GO and make me some pancakes. Be ye prepared to make MANY pancakes for there WILL be an onslaught of my compatriats on our lawn. Make pancakes, and cool beer NOW woman, and perhaps....just perhaps I will satisfy your carnal desires tonight.....if I feel like it." and so it is and so it shall be

Yes I am single.......... sad.gif
JPB
I tried bud. I said, "To the upper chamber with yee wench!" All I got was, weeeeeell, a long sorry self inflicted hand shake sad.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Jun 8 2007, 06:06 PM) *

I am in ....if its near the fall I may even have my girl on the road....campout sounds fun!!

Me too . . . I would help plan venue, but am a little to far north. smile.gif If you need any other help give a yell . . . once school starts it seems like a few of us (me included) become incomunicato.

Jim
crash914
I like Patapsco as it is in back of my house...

There are parts of Patapsco that do allow camping. i think the Hilton area.

I can help, but have no time...as you can see, my car is still off the road...
terrymason
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Jun 8 2007, 11:40 AM) *

I have a contact just south of VA Beach, near the North Carolina Border. It's 6 hours from Eastern PA and about 7 from Atlanta.

Or....Zach and Matt, we could hook up and try to nail down Patapsco.

Let me know,
Rick

VA Beach would rule aktion035.gif
Rick L
I'll start calling around.
I'll lead, provided I can get a fair amount of support.
Please PM me with your contact info (phone and reliable email) if you can help out. Also, I need to get hold of Kerry....I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.

Let's get it on!
Dr Evil
I hope I can make it. Good on ya guys for taking charge!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Jun 10 2007, 10:52 PM) *

I'll start calling around.
I'll lead, provided I can get a fair amount of support.
Please PM me with your contact info (phone and reliable email) if you can help out. Also, I need to get hold of Kerry....I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.

Let's get it on!

PM sent with my contact info and Kerry's as well.

Zach
stepuptotheMike
Count me in

Mike
Rick L
Cool, Thanx Mike! PM me with your contact info, please.
evan
boldblue.gif Yea another cookout!!! If in MD, Pa (york), or VA I am game. Can't offer alot but may be able to help.

Evan
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Is there a firm date and place, I came to Kerry's 1st. one in Va. ,also the one in Kennet Sq. so will make every effort to be there. Keep me posted. Dave slap.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jun 11 2007, 10:51 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
Is there a firm date and place, I came to Kerry's 1st. one in Va. ,also the one in Kennet Sq. so will make every effort to be there. Keep me posted. Dave slap.gif

YES! Date was set as of today. ECC will happen September 15th. We are working on the location now.

Zach
VaccaRabite
Well, my house is out. Erin reminded me that she and I will both be in classes in September, and that she will all ready be a stress ball about that (this will be her first grad class).

Zach
JmuRiz
I should be able to make that date, good time to test-run the car before driving it 4 hours each way for my wedding 2 weeks later.
jimkelly
for those unable to attend the past 2 or has it been 3 ecc's - there were about 15-20 914 in attendance - cool : )

count me in regardless of location - i have two road worthy 914 to choose from as of this momment : )

jim
type11969
Dammit, it is going to be the same weekend as this again this year:

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Crap.

It is an all aircooled gathering (obviously), there is plenty of space for another 30-50 cars, there is camping the night before and is at a great venue (old german-american resort). Plus it is already being run by the central jersey VW society (no leaders needed). Unfortunately in Northern NJ it is a bit farther than the previous ECCs, but only 1.5 hours further than the one Kerry hosted at his house in PA.

Any interest in making it the "ECC" at least for this year? It would be cool to see a bunch of 914s on that lawn this year.

-Chris
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jun 12 2007, 05:53 PM) *

http://www.allaircooledgathering.com/

Any interest in making it the "ECC" at least for this year? It would be cool to see a bunch of 914s on that lawn this year.

I will mention this in the planning thread.

Zach
type11969
There is a planning thread?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(type11969 @ Jun 13 2007, 11:03 AM) *

There is a planning thread?

Yeah, in the Events Planning section. But it is private - right now only the event planners have access to it..

Zach
zymurgist
Caroline (last year's hostess) was after me to volunteer my place near I-81 and I-70 in Western Maryland. Although I have plenty of space to park cars, I have only one bathroom. Not sure how that would have worked out.
VaccaRabite
Just a note hat the location has been selected.
The ECC 2007 will happen this year in Frederick MD.

We will continue to update this thread as more details unfold.

Zach
fitsbain
Hey guys,

Let me know if I can help.

Dr Evil
Boo-ya! smilie_pokal.gif Bring the beer bong! Matt, you have no idea what you just agreed to happy11.gif
Johny Blackstain
Frederick 09/15/07? I will mark it down & barring the unforseen, will be there. thumb3d.gif

cool_shades.gif
type11969
Will it be 9/15? Or is the date still up in the air?

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 18 2007, 05:42 AM) *

Just a note hat the location has been selected.
The ECC 2007 will happen this year in Frederick MD.

We will continue to update this thread as more details unfold.

Zach

VaccaRabite
Sept 15th has been confirmed.

Zach
Dr Evil
I'll be doing my primary care clerkship in South Central PA at that time so I should be able to make it. (No on call probably)
jonferns
sounds interesting...or the all air cooled gathering...hmmm biggrin.gif
type11969
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 18 2007, 08:45 AM) *

Sept 15th has been confirmed.

Zach

Hmm, I suppose I could jet down to MD on the 15th and still get to the AACG that night for camping or the next day for the show. Cool.
Babydoll
piratenanner.gif That's terrific that a site has been chosen in Maryland this time... I was gettin' ready to belly up my place again (the other half may be out of town, so why not? Heh heh heh...) BUT, the new site sounds great. And, for what it's worth, hosting the event is a piece of cake, this is one truly great and truly gracious group of 914 owners!

Now, if Ace Mechanic can just get Babydoll runnin' right... she's got major TPS switch problems which turn her into a slow runnin' buckin' bronko. Once that's conquered, I'll/we'll be there for sure! Let me know if I can help in any way...

Caroline
VaccaRabite
Okay, the first post has been updated with the address of the event!

Here it is again for those that feel the more the merrier:
7188 Meadowbrooke Drive
Frederick, MD 21702

MATT, YOU ROCK! smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like we could be getting a keg of something yummy as well. drunk.gif

The good Dr. Evil has agreed to make a donation of something or other to the event. I need to start pestering the other member-vendors to see if they would be so kind.

I'd like to be able to offer shirts as cool as the ones that were set up for the Atomic Ramble, but I fear that the compressed time schedule won't have them ready to be sold in time.

I love it when a plan comes together

Zach
Rick L
I have a fella who can get them done in time for us, provided we get him a design. He's a fellow firefighter and has offered to make them for cost! smilie_pokal.gif

I've emailed Kerry with several questions, one of which is about logos. We'll work from there. idea.gif

i love porsche
if any of the NJ guys are going, id love to catch a ride with one of you in your driving 914 and split the gas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.