Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 lug wheels to fill out flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LowGT

Yup, so are there any 4 lug wheels out there to fill out a flared car? Has anyone used 4 luggers on a flared car? How did you do it, and do you have any pics?

Dan
ws91420
I know a member here root has a set of black NASCAR/wagon wheel looking set on his car.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LowGT @ Jun 14 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Yup, so are there any 4 lug wheels out there to fill out a flared car? Has anyone used 4 luggers on a flared car? How did you do it, and do you have any pics?

Dan

Here is what i would do. I know this can be done too because he offered to do it for me. Take a set of 4 lug Fuchs and send them to Harvey Wiedman. Tell him how wide you want them. He will widen them and refinish them and all you have to do is write a check for more than your car is worth... biggrin.gif Just kidding! But it will be a big big check. sad.gif
LowGT
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jun 14 2007, 10:27 PM) *

I know a member here root has a set of black NASCAR/wagon wheel looking set on his car.

Like these? This is member porsha916's car. I sent him a pm about them but he hasn't been online since then.

LowGT
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 14 2007, 10:39 PM) *

But it will be a big big check. sad.gif

Yea, the big check thing is what I'm trying to avoid. cool_shades.gif
LowGT
Here's root's car. His wheels are very similar.

ws91420
Yep like those
LowGT
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jun 14 2007, 10:59 PM) *

Yep like those

Seems like they are Diamond Racing Wheels. Very affordable too.
ws91420
Try Pack racing Products http://www.packracingproducts.com/index.html
jasons
I had these custom Pedrinis. They were built into 16x8's and 9's IIRC. Don't ask me who made them. I bought them on ebay and I never used them. I ended buying a car with a good 5 lug conversion. They were really nice. I sold them to a club member, maybe he will chime in.

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(LowGT @ Jun 14 2007, 07:24 PM) *

i used to have a set of 4-lug centerlines that were perfect offset to fill out the GT flares.
7" x 14 with 225 tires ...

bye1.gif Andy

nomore9one4
You can get the 4 lug wheels from JC Whitney for cheap. They have many sizes available.
URY914
My ax car has 15 x 8 four lugs fake Centerlines. The look like the ones in Andy's pic above. Good luck finding a set. But you may try Thesamba.com wheel classifed section. There is a whole bunch of crazy 4-lug stuff on there.
i love porsche
ive got those pedrinis now..they are very nice and deeeeep...when the car is all said and done ill have those for the street tires, and im planning on buying some diamond racing wheels for track tires
Howard
Centerlines with 245/50 front, 265/50 rear. I have an extra set smile.gif Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jasons @ Jun 14 2007, 09:34 PM) *

I had these custom Pedrinis. They were built into 16x8's and 9's IIRC. Don't ask me who made them. I bought them on ebay and I never used them. I ended buying a car with a good 5 lug conversion. They were really nice. I sold them to a club member, maybe he will chime in.

IPB Image

good job! We are having made in australia some custom four lug 914-4 factory fuchs for flared and stock applications in 7x16 8x16 and 9x16 Pictures coming soon! The ones I have seen are very exciting and should give us all a cheap but high quality wheel to put on our 914s. As you probably know American Eagle has recently discontinued their 5.5x15 fuchs repro so this one will come just in time
914nerd
George,
Any idea when you are likely to have those and what the pricing might be?
DEC
Click to view attachment

7" ATS Classic with 30mm spacers
DEC
Click to view attachment

9" and 11" ATS classic in a wide body
nomore9one4
QUOTE(DEC @ Jun 15 2007, 08:34 AM) *

Click to view attachment

9" and 11" ATS classic in a wide body

That car is stunning! beerchug.gif
mrdezyne
I went a slightly different route, still 4 lug but 4x100 honda bolt pattern. Axis wheels makes staggered sets for this bolt pattern in modern styles. Can post pics if anyone is interested.... 17x7 and 17x9
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914nerd @ Jun 15 2007, 09:25 AM) *

George,
Any idea when you are likely to have those and what the pricing might be?

Our man in australia has recently had a prostate problem so is a little behind. Pricing will be about 200 a wheel.
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Jun 15 2007, 05:00 PM) *

I went a slightly different route, still 4 lug but 4x100 honda bolt pattern. Axis wheels makes staggered sets for this bolt pattern in modern styles. Can post pics if anyone is interested.... 17x7 and 17x9

please please post.

so far i have found Diamond Racing wheels. plus CB performance have the white spokers in 15 x 8 and 15 x 10. a bit cheaper than the DR's

R
mrdezyne
It seems I don't really have good shots of front and back together... this will give you an idea though.. I think they look good for street but will probably get another set of something lighter if I ever decide to auto-x....
mrdezyne
and a rear with and HPH flare. They will tuck better than this once back on the ground.... the fronts actually fit just right with stock fenders....
Joe Ricard
I run Diamond wheels on the track and street and Centerlines for Autocross.

Thinking of getting some 15 x 10 diamonds.

Wish I could afford some 15 x 10 Kiezers
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 15 2007, 06:17 PM) *

I run Diamond wheels on the track and street and Centerlines for Autocross.

Thinking of getting some 15 x 10 diamonds.

Wish I could afford some 15 x 10 Kiezers

Joe, what size Diamonds are you running now??
degreeoff
I have a set of 15x8 black wagom style that I'll let go for 175 + shipping...I am going 5 lug.......
ws91420
Weld racing also makes a set in 4 x 130 if you know what backspace to use. Saw them on Summit's site
JPB
That is one sick ride mister. That looks so freekin clean and badasss beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.