Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with my Hoes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
highways
I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how these hoses are supposed to be. Every document I've tried to refer to- factory manual, Haynes manual, and Dave Darlins hose diagrams on pelican- they all conflict with each other and I can't find one set of instructions that answers everything.

So- it's a 73' 2.0L D-jet incase you missed that and here are my questions:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

highways
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(highways @ Jun 15 2007, 01:13 PM) *

dr 914s vacuum diagram is dead on the money (or so they say)
highways
And lastly- I can't figure out where my evaporative emission control tubes hook up in the engine bay (the send and return tubes that run up the driver's side to the fuel tank and charcoal canister).

Any help is greatly appreciated! I tried copying Otto's Bumblebee in Venice- but even that car was missing a few hoses!
highways
Well I tried looking at your diagram, but there was at least one conflict- there's one hose in your diagram that would require a different diameter at each end for how it is shown routed. Also, the labeling of the different engine components uses different names then the factory manual- and I'm getting confused on just exactly what is what.
mrhurtalot
(looking only at the topics title)

pimp slap em!
John
Question #5:

When I had D-jet, my "splitter" was mounted to that screw that is shown very close to where yours is located. I believe that the same screw holds one end of the cooling flaps. Yes, one hose from it goes to the breather on each head for valve cover ventilation. The third hose leads up to the air cleaner. I believe yours looks right.

John
Question #4:

I believe that this port used to be connected to the charcoal filter located in the front trunk for gas tank fumes.
John
Question 2 &3:

Brad Anders had a discussion a few months ago on possible correct way to plumb the decel valve. It looks like one purpose of the valve was to limit maximum vacuum that the MPS could be subjected to.
rmital
...where did you get that air filter housing..? Can't recall seeing one like that before...(diamond shaped pattern)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 16 2007, 09:11 AM) *

...where did you get that air filter housing..? Can't recall seeing one like that before...(diamond shaped pattern)

That is the early 73 style
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.