Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 Followed me Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shadygrady
A couple of weeks ago I found a 1973 914 with only 64K miles. mueba.gif It has been sitting in a garage for some time and the owner's father wants his garage back. And my wife liked it too. Way better than the orange one I brought home 2 years ago and will now have to sell. This one has a/c which she really likes. She said it was for Father's Day, but I have a hunch she might start driving it. Since it has been sitting so long, we will have to remove and drain gas tank, etc to get it running. He did store it without a battery. The owner's father had all the bills and records for work done on it. Even a hefty bill from George for an engine rebuild and other work in 87. All the rubber including the bumper tops and targa seal were replaced and are in excellent shape. The only problem is someone local rechromed the bumpers back then and did a lousy job as they are now rusty. I need to find a a good rechroming shop here in the Southeast. I will attempt to post pics.
shadygrady
Another picture
shadygrady
Picture of Lewis surveying the rear bumper.
PeeGreen 914
Wow, nice find. I would like to stumble across something like that.
rick 918-S
drooley.gif clap56.gif
Johny Blackstain
I love garage queens... congrats!!!

cool_shades.gif
SLITS
I'd get rid of it. With the University of Southern China sticker on the back window .... it will be nothing but trouble.
Porsche Rescue
You found what many believe is the most desirable 914, a '73 silver 2.0. Enjoy
RoninEclipse2G
drooley.gif
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(shadygrady @ Jun 15 2007, 10:33 PM) *

beautiful find...can i have thr Triumph in the background? clap56.gif
BMXerror
Why sell the orange one? Can you say 'track car'? burnout.gif biggrin.gif
Mark D.
shadygrady
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Jun 16 2007, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(shadygrady @ Jun 15 2007, 10:33 PM) *

beautiful find...can i have thr Triumph in the background? clap56.gif

The Triumph is also for sale. He tried to make me a package deal but my wife was having no part of that. It also belongs to the son who is now in California. If you like I could get details on it.
shadygrady
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jun 16 2007, 05:01 PM) *

Why sell the orange one? Can you say 'track car'? burnout.gif biggrin.gif
Mark D.

av-943.gif That's what I said, but the wife didn't like the idea of a second track car. She said four 914's was a bit too much.

The track car at Road Atlanta last fall.

shadygrady
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 16 2007, 08:26 AM) *

I'd get rid of it. With the University of Southern China sticker on the back window .... it will be nothing but trouble.

I agree about the sticker. agree.gif One reason I was sold the car is because I am not going to molest it. But I did tell the father that the University of South Carolina sticker had to go. I wanted no chickens on it. chairfall.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Jun 16 2007, 09:18 AM) *

You found what many believe is the most desirable 914, a '73 silver 2.0. Enjoy

nice, hope they did not chop it up to install the air conditioning
abbott295
NIce find there, Grady. Does it take a lot of work to have luck like that?
70-SIXER
That brings back good memeries, I had a 73 silver 2.0 before i got my latest 914-6. Here's a couple of pics of it.
Heeltoe914
Really really nice car very good job PM if you are willing to share how much you got it for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.