Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittant Wiper Installation Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I have the intermittant wiper harness ready to install and want to test the signal wire first. I untaped the brown wire/blk stripe that was folded back on the loom going toward the wiper motor. Should I get 12 v signal in that wire with the ignition on, and wiper switch in the full-down position ( i removed the tap) ?

I stuck a grounded test light into the connector with the switch on and got NADA

Perhaps someone who has does this retro-fit can halp.The wiper switch is either a late model VW or 924. It runs the washer pump in the pull-bak position

Thanks, Jim
904svo
I believe the wipers have to turn on first for it to work.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(904svo @ Jun 20 2007, 09:40 PM) *

I believe the wipers have to turn on first for it to work.

I ran the wiper slow first, then moved the switch position to one below the off. I guess I'm wondering if the brown wire/blk stripe is a ground ?

Looking for someone who has done this install and did some trouble shooting

Jim
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 20 2007, 08:46 PM) *

if i recall correctly, that wire is a ground wire ...

it'll provide ground for the relay through the wiper assembly.
the wire will only ground out with the lever all the way down (after you broke off the tab) ...

take your multimeter and see if you get a closed circuit to the chassis with the lever down ...
bye1.gif Andy
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 20 2007, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 20 2007, 08:46 PM) *

if i recall correctly, that wire is a ground wire ...

it'll provide ground for the relay through the wiper assembly.
the wire will only ground out with the lever all the way down (after you broke off the tab) ...

take your multimeter and see if you get a closed circuit to the chassis with the lever down ...
bye1.gif Andy

That's good. Thanks for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.