Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: head temp sensor removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
I am changing the head temp sensor. I pulled the intake runners out so I can get to the head temp sensor. However, I have to use a long 13mm socket to pull the sensor which is like 2 inches in the cooling tin. However the wire on the sensor makes it impossible to attach the ratchet. Any idea if the wire can be removed from the sensor it appears to be heat sealed on the sensor or is it just pushed on. The sensor in the car is tight and I have tried everything to wrench on the socket without the ratchet, no success (lock pliers on socket, screw driver, etc.) . I can cut the line but that is last resort.
Joe Owensby
One way to attach a socket to the sensor is to take an old extension, and grind off one corner of it to allow the wire to be inserted through the socket, and then pass out through the area you created by grinding off the corner of the extension. I did this year ago, and the extension is still usable if needed. JoeO
wilchek
thanks Joe I was thinking about drilling a hole in the side wall of a socket but I think your idea is better. I think I even have a cheap oversea made extension that would be perfect for grinding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.