Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unknown mounting bracket.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nola914
I was beginning to clean the engine compartment on my '73 2L while I have the engine out, and I noticed this bracket (inside the rectangle).

It's inside the Left engine mount, welded top and bottom, with a slot from top to bottom. It's original, because you can see the original yellow paint showing through. The PO had something secured there with 2 screw clamps, but nothing was mounted there when I got it. I looked in Haynes and the AA parts diagrams and neither shows a bracket in that location The car has AC, and the compressor would be located just ahead of this area.

So... what goes there??
MrKona
QUOTE(nola914 @ Jun 23 2007, 09:00 PM) *

I was beginning to clean the engine compartment on my '73 2L while I have the engine out, and I noticed this bracket (inside the rectangle).

It's inside the Left engine mount, welded top and bottom, with a slot from top to bottom. It's original, because you can see the original yellow paint showing through. The PO had something secured there with 2 screw clamps, but nothing was mounted there when I got it. I looked in Haynes and the AA parts diagrams and neither shows a bracket in that location The car has AC, and the compressor would be located just ahead of this area.

So... what goes there??

Perhaps the remains of an old fuel filter mount? Where is your fuel filter presently mounted?
nola914
The pump and filter are in the front trunk.
MrKona
Yup, I just took a look under my '74 to confirm. What you have there are the mangled remains of the stock fuel filter mount. Yours has been straightened out. It's supposed to be shaped like a cradle to hold the filter in its original location.
nola914
Thanks for looking. I'll straighten it out and take off the clamps, so it doesn't look like *rap, and let it rest in piece.
SirAndy
QUOTE(MrKona @ Jun 23 2007, 08:08 PM) *

Perhaps the remains of an old fuel filter mount?

agree.gif stock fuel filter mount ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.