Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Type I or III
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
I am taking the teener down to nothing and building it back up, but in the meantime, I have nothing running to play with. I am am thinking of a '68+ bug or Fasty to driver/screw around with while I work on the teener. I am leaning towards a fasty, but may want to put a T4 into what I buy and that sounds like another non running long project if I go with a fasty.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Mark
vanaman
why not go for a 411 or 412? i know a guy with a nice one for sale.

steve
rhodyguy
t-3. i wish i had never sold mine. my wife sold a cherry 69' wagon 1 month before i met her.

k
Air_Cooled_Nut
The T1 is a dime a dozen. Easy to work on and find parts. The T3 will most likely get confused as a Volvo WTF.gif Remember, the T3 was the upgrade, the more refined car, so you'll get better ride, cargo capacity and passenger comfort. You could even get one with a true automatic (it's NOT the auto-stick!!!). Though it shared some parts from it's siblings it has a lot of parts unique to it and they aren't always easy to find. You can put a T4 engine in a T3 and it's not that difficult.
rigglet
My vote would be for a type 3. I had a 68 squareback that I was in the process of restoring...until some drunk ran into it on the street. dry.gif

Although I'm also a huge fan of the pre-67 type 2.
Zimms
Thanks guys. I am leaning towards a Type III; I'll post what I end up with.

Mark
Air_Cooled_Nut
Plus we've developed a kit that allows you to do this (look at the YouTube video):
http://theddb.icbm.org/forums/index.php?topic=47.0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.