Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing control box under passenger seat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
I want to remove the control box under the passenger seat of my '74. I seem to remember a thread talking about this, but can't find it. If not, can you help? I have carbs, so don't need the FI circuit, and don't need seatbelt warning buzzer, etc. (Don't need no stinking badges either). biggrin.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jun 29 2007, 10:09 AM) *

I want to remove the control box under the passenger seat of my '74. I seem to remember a thread talking about this, but can't find it. If not, can you help? I have carbs, so don't need the FI circuit, and don't need seatbelt warning buzzer, etc. (Don't need no stinking badges either). biggrin.gif

Not worth the hassle. Just connect the big yellow and big yellow with red together and let it go at that.
PeeGreen 914
Red together? What does the red do? I only have the yellows together.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Jun 29 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Red together? What does the red do? I only have the yellows together.

one is yellow and the other is yellow with a red stripe Sorry for the confusion
PeeGreen 914
Oh, Okay, You had me going there. Thanks for the clarity
Grelber
So I can just snip and terminate all the other wires?
Rand
Yes you can snip the rest off, BUT you should tie the plain brown ground wires together. Some of the grounds connect at that box - Look for the brown wires that connect to a shared terminal.

A couple of the gauges in my center console didn't work correctly when I removed my box. I don't remember if it was gauge function or light, but joining all the ground wires back together fixed it.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jun 29 2007, 02:20 PM) *

So I can just snip and terminate all the other wires?

The small black powers the interior light. Put a test light to the wires, see what is hot with the key off and in your pocket and then with the key on. One lead comes from the same circuit as the clock providing constant power for the interior light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.