Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust Free (af far as I can tell) 914 in Clearwater
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fat73
IF somebody in the area/anywhere is looking for a solid 914 there's one for sale on ebay. It's not mine, but since it's close to me I took a look at it this morning and drove it.

It's a green 72 with a 73 2.0 / Carbs and is a tail shifter with a short shift kit. SS heat exchangers. Looks like it has a modified Bursch muffler. No heater box components hooked up. Battery in stock position. No slop in the shifting that I could tell. Clutch cable did need adjusting. Excellent windshield. Front suspension is bilsteins with a sway bar. Suspension components on front look completely new. Good brakes. Decent interior. Says it's a 911 dash but may be a Getty conversion. Good interior. Door panels are not stock.
Car was originally built in Arizona. Body is EXCELLENT. Bumpers are painted but appeared to be straight. Front bumper rubber could use replacing. Has been painted black in the engine bay, trunk/front/rear.
It really looks very much like a rust free car. No bubbles in the paint either. Rear shocks/springs could use replacing. Empi wheels with BFG rubber. I don't personally care for black-centered wheels of any kind on 914s but just my opinion. Would look much better with fuchs. Owner says he has a complete FI setup for the car. Good top.

Ed aka W9R1
fat73
Oh yeah...it's ebay item # 320133575882 Right now if you search for 914 porsche it should be at the top of the list.

Ed aka W9R1
nsyr
doesn't look like clearwater florida. is that a mountain in the background?
jonferns
hmm....
Grelber
Zero bids at $4,500.
swl
Bidding ended! who scooped it?
Grelber
Minimum bid was $4,500.00, and no one bid.
fat73
QUOTE(nsyr @ Jul 7 2007, 03:04 PM) *

doesn't look like clearwater florida. is that a mountain in the background?

Not sure where that was taken. I saw it in Clearwater Saturday.

Ed aka w9r1
swl
Surprised it didn't sell. $4500 might be a little high because of origniality issues but a running 2L with a solid frame and good paint should bring close to that. Been following sales for a few months now and it seems like there is a market for stuff under $4K and for the really good stuff in the $7K + range. Between the 2 cars seem to be going unsold.

Johny Blackstain
I think it's been relisted @ a lower opening bid:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem

cool_shades.gif
swl
with a reserve. smart move. Get it down low enough that it attracts some attention and maybe it will eventually surpass his previous opener.

I hope he gets a decent price. From what Ed described I wouldn't want to see much under $5k. Mind you I would love to get it myself at a much lower price. Unfortunately the cost of the divorce would be more than I could afford! smile.gif
fat73
I forgot I had some pics I took of the car. Duh!

Here ya go.

No visible rust along the rear trunk edge or in the trunk floor for that matter. I looked.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Center console looked new. Lacked one guage.
Click to view attachment

Exterior finish on the car was very shiny and slick. Had one little ding in front of the left rear wheel well (very minor).
Click to view attachment

Tried to get a look underneath. Just stuck the camera in there. Taking a close look it appears that a piece has been welded in. The car has had some rust repair done by the original restorer in Arizona.

I'm gonna suggest to this guy he get the car up on a rack and take some pictures, as well as the interior floorboards. We're all fearful of what we can see on these rides.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Aaannnnnnnnnd...NOW.....for your viewing pleasure. popcorn[1].gif

914 Weather - Crossing the bridge into Clearwater driving.gif

Click to view attachment

914 Weather - Sunset on St Pete Beach 7/8/7

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.