Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday poll- who worked on teeners Sunday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 11 2008, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 11 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Major work today, painted the...

Gas Tank
Dashboard Mount
Glove Box
Under Dash
Wiper Motor

Found 911 suspension, bought to clean that.

confused24.gif Pictures?

Well it wasn't a 914 but I did do some work on a VW biggrin.gif Temp control switch on a 2003 Jetta 1.8T. All of 10 minutes of it laugh.gif I looked at my 914 while doing it, does that count? Oh, I went a looked at Dan's car too aktion035.gif

Check out my project thread, I finally made one and such.
914werke
put the dash in the creamsicle smile.gif
My hands hurt headbang.gif
Johny Blackstain
I replaced the cable sheath to the front trunk on the six yesterday. Now I have no fear of it locking up & can buy overpriced gas again. Checked my tire pressure & went out & burned up 1/2 a tank of gas having fun! biggrin.gif
SGB
Autocross saturday , Oil change sunday then a little late afternooon touring. Another weekend of 914 bliss. smile.gif
914Mike
QUOTE(VWnDRAG @ Jul 8 2007, 10:29 AM) *

Easy day.

Replace fuel filter; cram filter & pump back into place; secure cover plate; close hood; reattach car cover.

Found the fuel filters for a couple bucks each at ForeignAutotiveParts.com. I picked up 3. Pelican has them listed as NLA. Porsche dealer couldn’t be bothered. Volkswagen was out of stock at about 10 bucks each. Started to get nervous when I first saw NLA. sad.gif

That's a generic VW FI filter, the original early FI filter (Bosch #0 450 901 053 that really is NLA) had a wide rib that was used to mount it to the firewall near the rear-mounted fuel pump.

That generic replacement was all I was able to find on short notice, but it just hangs from the hose, and unless I tie it up it bounces around and ends up hanging below the edge of the floor. I found one original for my '71 on the Samba for $8 delivered...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.