Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunday poll- who worked on teeners Sunday?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Johny Blackstain
Just curious & I've been working, not driving. Waiting for stuff to dry which is why I'm here instead of working biggrin.gif .

cool_shades.gif
JPB
I'm gonna work on it this morning and then will probably go for a little spin like yesterday. Then I have to do some recording if the band shows up.beer.gif
rmital
need to change the hand brake indicator switch...easy enough...only it's going to be about 95 degrees in the driveway when I get out there to do it.
...then cool off with a long drive around all the back roads of Bergen County driving.gif

Any Nothern Jersey teeners reading this are welcome to join in...then stop back for a burger at my place.
scotty b
Werking on them is not neccesarily 914 or Porsche related is it??? Gotta Jeep to werk on and MAY spend some time on the 944 chair.gif
jd74914
I've got to do some more body work today . . . the goal is paint by august. I'm driving her if the 10ft out of the garage counts laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Just finished nailing up 100 fence boards this morning.
Now Iam watching Horsepower TV on Spike. Waiting for F1 to come on.
Then continue packing boxes in preparation for moving day.

Probably mess with my engine tonight. setting push rod length.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 8 2007, 11:44 AM) *

Werking on them is not neccesarily 914 or Porsche related is it??? Gotta Jeep to werk on and MAY spend some time on the 944 chair.gif

Technically I meant 914s' but assdraggers & nosedivers are also welcome biggrin.gif !

cool_shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 8 2007, 11:48 AM) *

Just finished nailing up 100 fence boards this morning.
Now Iam watching Horsepower TV on Spike. Waiting for F1 to come on.
Then continue packing boxes in preparation for moving day.

Probably mess with my engine tonight. setting push rod length.

I moved in 3 months ago & understand how you feel chair.gif !

cool_shades.gif
scotty b
[quote name='Johny Blackstain' date='Jul 8 2007, 07:48 AM' post='920961']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 8 2007, 11:44 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]

Technically I meant 914s' but assdraggers & nosedivers are also welcome biggrin.gif !

cool_shades.gif
[/quote]

SNOB !!
Danny_Ocean
Just waiting for the big brown truck to bring the parts I need.
jaminM3
I wish I could start working on mine, but I have to finish puting a sprinkler system and grass in my yard before my HOA fines me. And even when I finish my sprinklers I have to finish puting a new exhaust manifold on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and when that is done I have to fix the transmission, driveline, and ground noise in my '98 m3. Only then can I start removing a crinkled fender from my '73.
sad.gif mad.gif wacko.gif
crash914
I just re-assembled my case....I will let the sealant dry then put in the head studs, oil pump and seals......waiting on my heads....
iamchappy
I have a commitment from my body shop friend to put the paint on next week, I will be hard at it cleaning up the engine bay and still a little more work in the rear trunk before I can etch prime..
The surprise is I found zero rust anywhere in the trunks or floor pans.
VaccaRabite
Sanding sanding sanding...

Too hot to to paint color (paint is mixed for 85 - maybe some evening this week) but everything it getting smooth and ready.

I may put another coat of epoxy on a few places today, and tempt fate by trying color in the trunks. We shall see.

Zach
VWnDRAG
Easy day.

Replace fuel filter; cram filter & pump back into place; secure cover plate; close hood; reattach car cover.

Found the fuel filters for a couple bucks each at ForeignAutotiveParts.com. I picked up 3. Pelican has them listed as NLA. Porsche dealer couldn’t be bothered. Volkswagen was out of stock at about 10 bucks each. Started to get nervous when I first saw NLA. sad.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 8 2007, 12:05 PM) *

SNOB !!

av-943.gif I know & I don't mean to be biggrin.gif !
All Porsches' welcome! (after all, it is 914 world)

cool_shades.gif
dakotaewing
Strippin paint off hoods today... headbang.gif
BIGKAT_83
Working on my 914/V8 LS1 car.... Installed a Mustang B&M shifter and moded the shift console at the transaxle.
Click to view attachment

Bob
jimkelly
yesterday i popped my fuel guage sending unit out of my gas tank - it seemed stuck at first but them freed up - i put it back in but gas guage still reads at full - darn.

i also tried to install new recently bought set of front struts only to find out they were not for 914 but were for 911 - darn again. it currently handles like a yacht.

did drive it for about an hour today though with my son - even made a stop at the supermarket on the way back.

i need to drop the engine - i need to easy out my sheared at top of block oil pressure sender and replace with a new one - i also need to press a head vent breather tube on one side - and run the three lines as everytime i make a tunr i get a cloud of smoke behind my car : (

brakes - hum - rotors and pads are in order - and a bleed.

jim in milton de
BIGKAT_83
And a picture of the shifter console at the transaxle....
Click to view attachment
effutuo101
Yep. Working on the car yesterday and today. Today was get up. Check email. Work for a couple of hours. Watch F1. Go work on 914. Now it is time for lunch and get ready for work this afternoon. More work tomorrow night.
Fun! Getting ready for the interior next.
C~
drewvw

Wanted to but had to do some work on the house today and now its raining...
Howard
Driving!

And shot some video..914-6 at the SoCal 'bahn
watsonrx13
Too fuch'n hot in central FL. I normally work at least 40 weeks per year, with at leats 3 days per week. I've had to give up 2 months worth of work on the teeners because I don't have A/C in the shop.... 90+ degrees and 90+ humidity is TOO MUCH for me...

Now, when the fall, winter and spring arrive, I'll be 100% into reburishing the (3) teeners I have left to work on....

-- Rob
rigglet
Cut the grass this morning before it got too hot. Then put the re-lubed distributor back in. Set the timing statically and drove her around the block to see how she felt. It been 3 months since I've driven her. Next weekend I'll borrow a timing light and set the timing correctly. Then maybe drive her some more!!! driving.gif
Gint
On call this weekend. Worked from 15:00-22:00 yesterday and got a wake up page today at 06:11 and worked straight until noon. I'm off the clock (sort of) at 18:00. I might get a quick trip to dinner in the 914. Depends on the rain because I don't want to have to put the top on for a 5 minute drive.
Rick L
Drove today... intended to work on it. Crash came over to help me troubleshoot my fuel problem and, of course, it ran well pretty much the whole time. headbang.gif ar15.gif

So for the moment it runs driving.gif , just not reliable confused24.gif .
JPB
When ya get into that kind of predicament, just take your bud for a long ride with a bunch of tools. Don't forget not to exit your 100 mile AAA boundaries and you should have it all figured out. I'd try to hit all the titty bars within a 100 mile radious. Its all about plannig and fool.ing the car:beer1:
Pat Garvey
Did some cleanup work on the transmission early in the day, until they heat index went about 100 (I don't sweat, so I need to be very careful in extreme heat). So then I decided to pull my toolkit out of sealed storage - individual pieces wrapped in baggies, with Dryrite. To my dismay, 2 of the tools apparently had pinholes in the baggies & I fear they may be toast. Worked on them for several hours in the 60 degree cool of my basement, to little avail. They look like.......old tools!

Won't take up everyones time here with CW questions - see that forum if more ineterest (yeah, right!)
Pat
URY914
Worked on the rear wing and battery hold down device. HOTHOTHOT. I need A/C in the garage.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 8 2007, 11:07 PM) *

I need A/C in the garage.

agree.gif 110%! Good for the teeners as well.

cool_shades.gif
craig downs
Couldn't work on my teener today. Instead I had to change the fuel pump in the wifes explorer and the rear brakes on my truck.
jonferns
no work...was traveling to pick up a 914...i guess thats considered work, in a sense...alot of work to come...ask me again next sunday biggrin.gif -JON
ConeDodger
Installed the low pressure fuel pump and plumbed and wired it. Reinstalled the tank. Bruce Stone came by with his son Wes. They bought a part from me and helped with the tank a little. It will be a little while before it runs. Too hot to work long and hard on it... blink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 8 2007, 02:37 PM) *

Driving!

And shot some video..914-6 at the SoCal 'bahn

I throughly enjoyed that Howy! Nice choice of music! Pass the bong... smoke.gif

Oh ya, No real time to work on the car but I managed to squeeze in a few minutes. Fixed my sticky throttle cable, followed by what sounded like a broken lifter.... I could just puke.
McMark
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 8 2007, 07:25 PM) *
(I don't sweat, so I need to be very careful in extreme heat)

You can have some of mine. I have extra. blink.gif

Working on rust repair on a 66 split window bus. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 8 2007, 08:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 8 2007, 07:25 PM) *
(I don't sweat, so I need to be very careful in extreme heat)

You can have some of mine. I have extra. blink.gif

Working on rust repair on a 66 split window bus. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

Is that Randy's new bus? It looked so clean. I never would have thought it had rust issues.
EdwardBlume
Pulled the motor, split the tranny / motor, took the fuel off, tin off, next I need to get the motor on the stand.

It will be stored for a while until the chassis gets moving.
VaccaRabite
Well, it stayed too hot to paint. I got some epoxy primer of the bare metla from the last round of sanding, and put more primer in the front and rear trunks (just so I did not have to toss the mixed paint). I think that I am ready for color, I just need to find a cooler day for painting (not this week... DOH).

Dr. Evil came over for a bit to do some tranny work, but forgot a tool, so we got pizza and played cards instead with our women folk.

Zach
andys
Welded the coolant pipes that were previously tacked in place for my V8 conversion. Aside from the under car pipes, I made a number of interconnection pipes to avoid long runs of rubber hose. Emptied my argon tank, so I need to re-fill the bottle.

Also finished my cable shifting linkage on the transaxle. Made a temporary hook up to the shifter tower and viola! I get all 6 gears and reverse. I took photos, but forgot to down load them. Maybe tomorrow.

Andys
Toast
Put 4 new tires on (with help from Slits and Thomas--Thanks again guys), with 3 much-better fuch rims!

SHE DRIVES LIKE A SMOOTH BABY'S SKIN NOW AND I CAN TAKE A CORNER OVER 30MP!! w00t2.gif aktion035.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 9 2007, 04:27 PM) *

Put 4 new tires on (with help from Slits and Thomas--Thanks again guys), with 3 much-better fuch rims!

SHE DRIVES LIKE A SMOOTH BABY'S SKIN NOW AND I CAN TAKE A CORNER OVER 30MP!! w00t2.gif aktion035.gif

I know that feeling & it rocks! New on the Six, new on the Civic & when I'm done cleaning the Four it has 5 new tires (matching spare)!

cool_shades.gif
BahnBrenner914
Wait, there's teeners out there that AREN'T on jackstands? blink.gif

Or maybe they're being driven on jackstands av-943.gif
Root_Werks
Had to do some door latch repair today. All perfect again. Sun is out and going to take it for a drive. driving.gif
sixnotfour
drunk.gif
jonferns
Its not Sunday, but today I compounded the hood of the 914 because it was pretty oxidized but now its like new! FERG.gif

Also did some rust repair on the orange car with my dad.
RiqueMar
Major work today, painted the...

Gas Tank
Dashboard Mount
Glove Box
Under Dash
Wiper Motor

Found 911 suspension, bought to clean that.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 11 2008, 05:45 PM) *

Major work today, painted the...

Gas Tank
Dashboard Mount
Glove Box
Under Dash
Wiper Motor

Found 911 suspension, bought to clean that.

confused24.gif Pictures?

Well it wasn't a 914 but I did do some work on a VW biggrin.gif Temp control switch on a 2003 Jetta 1.8T. All of 10 minutes of it laugh.gif I looked at my 914 while doing it, does that count? Oh, I went a looked at Dan's car too aktion035.gif
Todd Enlund
I got to ride in a teener today... Jakeodoule dragged me around today on the 1st annual Falling Leaf Run... Got to help change a clutch in EyeTrip's car yesterday so he could make the run too.
scotty b
Wow talk about bringing out the dead ! I actually did spend about 1/2 hour tonight cleaning off my dads 914. I had 944 and 914 parts piled all over it. I am really trying to get to where I can get back to werk on it.....Hey, I'm trying at least unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.