Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doing a 3.2 Motronic conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Here's a little something for the 3.2 Motronic conversion projects out there.

A complete wiring diagram to adapt a factory /6 to a 3.2 Motronic. If you want to use it on a /4 chassis, you can by moving some of the pins in the connector to the harness. This also eliminates the relay board, and adds a fuse box for the Motronic.

Click to view attachment

I know this harness will work, I built it for a 3.2 engine in a factory six. Everything works, including the temp gauge in the dash, the charge light, and the oil pressure light.

I intend to redraw the diagram for the /4 chassis, but I have not finished it yet.
ClayPerrine
Oh.. and I drove the six with the 3.2 on Saturday.. a euro spec 3.2 that has been chipped....

WOW... shocked[1].gif Man is this beast FAST!! Blink and its a redline in first!

I should have never driven it.. Now I want one!! mad.gif drooley.gif

I may be able to get my hands on a complete 3.2 with a spun rod bearing cheap..... idea.gif

woobn8r
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 9 2007, 07:55 AM) *

Oh.. and I drove the six with the 3.2 on Saturday.. a euro spec 3.2 that has been chipped....

WOW... shocked[1].gif Man is this beast FAST!! Blink and its a redline in first!

I should have never driven it.. Now I want one!! mad.gif drooley.gif

I may be able to get my hands on a complete 3.2 with a spun rod bearing cheap..... idea.gif

That'd be just the trick I need in the 4 flavour...looking forward to the post.

Thanks Clay!

Sean
John
Um, both the coil wires are part of the Motronic harness. (at least on an 84, 86, and 87 engines).

There have been a couple of posts that have 3.2 pinouts between the engine and 914/4 harnesses. (if one were to search.....)

It is a cute picture though.

You should check out this thread for 3.2 conversions

The 3.2 conversion thread

and here is a pic for the pinouts between the 914/4 harness and the 3.2 engine harness.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(John @ Jul 9 2007, 12:08 PM) *

Um, both the coil wires are part of the Motronic harness. (at least on an 84, 86, and 87 engines).

There have been a couple of posts that have 3.2 pinouts between the engine and 914/4 harnesses. (if one were to search.....)

It is a cute picture though.

You should check out this thread for 3.2 conversions

The 3.2 conversion thread

and here is a pic for the pinouts between the 914/4 harness and the 3.2 engine harness.

I know both coil wires are part of the harness, but you have to hook pin 15 on the coil to switched power to get it to run. This adds a fuse like the factory did it on the 911.

Grelber
Clay: Hmmmmmmmmmm......You get the 3.2, and I'll take that "old" 2.4L off your hands. happy11.gif
dflesburg
Here is mine....

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jul 9 2007, 03:28 PM) *

Clay: Hmmmmmmmmmm......You get the 3.2, and I'll take that "old" 2.4L off your hands. happy11.gif

Ok.. but you have to buy an oil tank, lines, motor mount, throttle linkage....etc...

The engine is the easy part.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.