Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blitZ
My fuel pressure has always varied a bit, every few weeks or so I have to tweak it. I noticed the car stumbling a bit and smelling rich. I checked the pressure and it's 60 pounds. No amount of adjusting effects it. I checked the hoses, no kinds or anything. Can the pressure regulators fail? If so, will any after market regulator work?

It's a 76 with djet.
Dave_Darling
They can fail, but chances are the return line is kinked or plugged--somewhere. Could be under the tank...

--DD
wilchek
sounds like your fuel return line is kinked. The regulators are really easy to replace 10 min job and are like 30 bucks. I would start there and hope. However, I would suspect that your return line is plugged up or not flowing as it should.

The regulator is on the driver side of the engine bay, to the right of the injectors (toward the trunk). Loosen the hose clamps and then loosen the large 17mm nut that holds the unit to the bracket. Just put a rag under the unit, pull the hoses and slide the hoses onto the new unit. Pull the old unit and slide the new unit in. You will need to pull the one hose again to put the 17mm nut on, to attach the new unit to the bracket.

Good luck
blitZ
Got a new one coming, hopefully that does it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.