Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what flywheel for 3.0 six conversion?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
It is my understanding that my 911 3.0 engine I am going to use in the /6 conversion that I need a different/special flywheel to be used with the 901 tranny? So if that is accurate what flywheel do I have to purchase? Is it a OEM or aftermarket? Any suggestions on where to buy and a part number? And what about pressure plate and clutch disc? For those of you that have gone this route any problems I should be aware of? Thanks beerchug.gif
Van914
I am in process of this conversion also. I bought from Patrick Motorsports their Starter Ring and Clutch setup. It uses the stock 911 flywheel. Here is their Web Site http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/

Good luck with yours.
van914
rfuerst911sc
I will contact them. Thanks
IronHillRestorations
You can get the same thing from Kennedy. I'll bet they make the parts Patrick is selling. You can get one that uses the 3.0 flywheel.
rfuerst911sc
Who or what is Kennedy? Contact info? Thanks
rfuerst911sc
I found the Kennedy website. Looks good. Thanks
Krieger
About two years ago I asked Jim at Patrick why I should by his instead of Kennedy's for $100 less. He had no response. The kennedy piece *may* be a 914 flywheel with the clutch face surface removed, so it is just a 1" ring with teeth for the starter. It bolts right up to the 3.0 flywheel very nicely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.