Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop Light Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
Is the stop light switch on the pedal cluster a VW part, or a Porsche specific part?
Thanks,
Andys
Dr Evil
Not sure, but if you need one I am sure folks have them lying around. I might even have one.
davep
I'm pretty sure it is a 914-only part, or at least a Porsche part.
Like most guys I have several in my stash.
Cap'n Krusty
It is NOT a VW part. VW used pressure switches. BTW, many perceived brake light switch problems are simply cases of improper installation, and easily corrected. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
I've got some if you need one... pay the shipping. El Capitano is correct. The switch arm should be on the outside of the washer (closest to you) so when you depress the pedal, the switch follows.
andys
The switch was originally installed correctly, but one of the ears with the threaded insert is completely cracked. Still functions but prone to failure.

Interesting; if you go to your FLAPS, they pull a pressure switch.

Eric, you have a PM

Thanks,

Andys
MartyYeoman
Funny you should ask. I just replaced mine last week.
I ran mine with a broken tab for about five years before it gave up the ghost.
Watch your volt meter. If it doen't jump when you push the pedal, it's time for the fix.

By the way, I need another switch for my garage shelf now. Any offers?
Allan
That is just what the Cap'n ordered.

I was in the same boat a year ago and found that the pivot arm had just simply "Jumped the track" sort of. Make sure that the lever is not bent and in FRONT of the pedal. Mine was simple, I hope your's is too.....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 12 2007, 12:03 PM) *

The switch was originally installed correctly, but one of the ears with the threaded insert is completely cracked. Still functions but prone to failure.

Interesting; if you go to your FLAPS, they pull a pressure switch.

Eric, you have a PM

Thanks,

Andys

Whatever were you doing in a FLAPS? The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.