Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 turbo advice needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
So my turbo engine arrived and upon inspection I find the wastegate is SHOT. I am planning on a "mild" 2809-300 h.p. engine using bolt ons for the most part. My question is should I opt for a tial or lindsey wastegate or just replace it with a stocker?? Used stock one can be had for under 100.00 whereas the others $$$$$$ What is the advantage to the $$ ones other than less boost blown off? Aside from that problem the engine supposedly has 86,000 miles, I turned it over by hand (socket) and it has GOOD compression. I will be checking it for leakdown later this week or next. VERY clean but not cleaned. Where is that fingers crossed smilie idea.gif
iamchappy
Go with what you can afford or wish to do with the car, if you plan on improving on it, a new wastegate looks to be a start in the right direction.
73Phoenix20
Lindsey Racing Adjustable Wategate...

IF you want to see 300 ponies...
scotty b
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Jul 22 2007, 07:45 AM) *

Lindsey Racing Adjustable Wategate...

IF you want to see 300 ponies...

Yeah that's pretty much what I have decided on. They actually sell their dual port wastegate and a 3" exhaust kit for about a grand. That allows me to upgrade the turbo to a 26/8,chip,intake,adjustable fuel pressure etc. and do some other small upgrades. I'm figuring around 300 at the wheels. driving.gif

http://www.lindseyracing.com/mm5/merchant....AGEDEALSEXHAUST
73Phoenix20
And Dave Lindsey is a super nice and very sharp supplier to work with!!!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 22 2007, 12:11 AM) *

I am planning on a "mild" 2809-300 h.p. engine using bolt ons for the most part.

Wow. I knew 951s were pretty rock'n, but nearly 3K HP with bolt ons is pretty awesome!

poke.gif piratenanner.gif happy11.gif

Zach
scotty b
[quote name='Vacca Rabite' date='Jul 23 2007, 07:51 PM' post='927252']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 22 2007, 12:11 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I am planning on a "mild" 2809-300 h.p. engine using bolt ons for the most part.
[/quote]

Wow. I knew 951s were pretty rock'n, but nearly 3K HP with bolt ons is pretty awesome!

poke.gif piratenanner.gif happy11.gif

Zach
[/quote]

dry.gif Don't you have some wet sanding to do junior? I'm gonna start sending you a box of oranges every week laugh.gif
Wide914
Lindsey is a good choice, but Tial 38mm DP wastegate with the SFR adapter cant be beat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.