Full Version: Cam gear bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Any one ... any one ... Buler?

Mine are the allen head kind.

Thanks

-Pete
trojanhorsepower
I found it 20 ft lbs if any one wanted to know.

-Pete
redshift
How far along is the re-do?

M
trojanhorsepower
I have finished tearing everything apart and I posted the #'s for Jake to match up the bearings. Throwing caution to the wind I went ahead and assembled the crank (cleaned everything and matched the bearings back up and got the caps all on there right). If Jake says they are the wrong bearings than I will just take it all apart again.

I called CB and got the torque for the cam gear so I will bolt that on shortly and set the cam timing. If I get the OK form Jake I will put the case back together tonight and start getting all the through bolts set up. May not torque them down till tomorrow, but we shall see. If I can ever get rolling I could have the motor back to long block in a few hours.

-Pete

P.S. Redshift, I bet you wish you hadn’t asked now.
Jake Raby
I need more numbers. call me.

torque the bolts to 18 lb/ft and use red loctite
HarveyH
Be VERY SURE to use the Loctite. The PO's builder didn't. mad.gif Bolts walked out, ate the oil pump, strange noises, metal shavings in the engine, BAD! headbang.gif BAD! headbang.gif BAD! Evil thoughts upsetting my karma ar15.gif

Harvey
trojanhorsepower
HarvyH

Yep, I did. My PO went the other way though, he used JB Weld!!!

I had to use some heat to get them out so I could put the gear on right.

-Pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.