Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st post and I have a weber progressive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
purple
Peru, I'm located on the west side on eldridge & briar forest.

Does that count as league city @646? i thought that was the dickinson exit
xperu
QUOTE(purple @ Jul 30 2007, 11:58 AM) *

Peru, I'm located on the west side on eldridge & briar forest.

Does that count as league city @646? i thought that was the dickinson exit

FM646 is the dividing line between the two cities, they are building Home Depot on one side of 646 and building Lowes on the other. I live in Victory Lakes and work off Kirby and 59, Houston Traffic is the worst, anyway maybe we can get together sometime; I have a 73 1.7 FI that's in the body shop and a 76 parts car in my garage I need to get rid of. Mike
purple
Hey Peru, PM me with your phone# and we'll set something up. Do you know of a good shop to dyno the car at? I'd like to see my baseline HP and torque so I can measure gains from the work I'm doing.

Do you guys think that replacing the facet pump with the CB rotary fuel pump will give me a power gain? I have a friend telling me that if I have more fuel pressure to the carb, that I'll get more power. Is this true?
Jake Raby
Toss the progressive before you waste any more time trying to make it run. I totally gave up on those ten years ago and life has been much better since!
purple
Jake, That's the plan. I mean the car runs decently well, everyone I've had in it says it runs well and is tuned well, but it has very little power. I mean I can squeal the tires on takeoff by accident, but acceleration is like driving a wheat thresher or something, just feels like the engine is reluctant to rev at all. I'm just used to the 2.0L in my old miata, that thing would get past 5k rpm and then start screaming all the way to 7k. My mazda6 v6 pulls like a beast (3.0L) and I just feel like this car can do so much more than it is doing right now. I have a feeling that the progressive is robbing me of tons of power, that the exhaust is robbing me, and the ignition is robbing me. I BEEN ROBBED, SON!

It looks like my heat exchangers have been modified to put those motorcycle pipes on there, so it looks like i'll have to get new ones along with the bursch.

Sheesh, this car is already looking like a money pit...
And the tires are absolute shit... HR METRIC, whatever the hell those are. I was going to try and put some Falken Azenis on there. Any thoughts?
DerekKim
I've had the privelage of driving Joe's car at an autocross. It's freakin amazing! Listen to Jake in anything he has to say ab out TIV motor work. He's the man to go to. For the exhaust. I have the bursch and it is really quiet. If you are looking for the best, sound and power. Go with a tangerine. It cost more now but it's worth it in the long run.
Joe Ricard
So what made you think that buying a 30+ yr old sports car was going to be cheap?
For the money and performance level there certainly are better choices to win on race day.

914's are to be loved and rubbed and wallet opened. I've spent less money on women and booze than I have on my 914. AND THAT'S ALOT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.