Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reminder: Update your VIN info!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
1970 Neun vierzehn
This, yet ANOTHER reminder to ple-e-e-ease keep your VINs current. If you're new to this site, added a parts car, a roller, or just cut a 914 up, add/change the info which can be accessed by going to the 914 Info site at the top, right side of the forum page.

Also appreciated is if you can provide the chassis # (from the Karmann plate by the driver's door hinge post) and the color code (also on the same plate). I'm seeing an increased number of colors showing up in the register, this is good. We need to continue to account for as many cars/chassis #s/colors as we possibly can.

Thanks again to all. clap23.gif
Gustl
due to very limited time I didn't re-read this thread yet, but I've got a general question to the 914World Member VIN Numbers

wouldn't it be a benefit to add an additional info to the list?
I'm thinking of a second colour info => "original colour" and "actual colour"
from what I saw within the last couple of years, lots of teeners are painted in a non-original colour

just an idea ...

bye1.gif Gustl
davep
The main part of the list is to record original information.
The current colour block is for actual or current colour.
New members, please add your car and as much information as possible. Add engine and transmission numbers in the comments field.
davep
icon_bump.gif
It has been a few months since the last bump, so for all the new members we invite you to update your member profile with as much data on your 914's as possible.
For the older members, a reminder to ensure your info is up to date and as complete as possible.
Sincere thanks from the Vin Admin team
1FASTVW
After 15 years of ownership and 12 years of storage, I finally decided to get the car out and restore it.

VIN# 4732922331
Todd Enlund
A icon_bump.gif and a question...

How do I add a VIN for a car that is not mine? Whenever I see a 914 for sale, I get the VIN...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Feb 27 2009, 03:19 PM) *

A icon_bump.gif and a question...

How do I add a VIN for a car that is not mine? Whenever I see a 914 for sale, I get the VIN...

Add it as yours and state in the description that it isn't, something like:
"Found this on the web ..."

Then let me know and i can remove you as the "owner" ...
type.gif Andy
tod914
Andy, finally updated. Included some links as well. If you need anymore info, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Tod
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 8 2009, 06:00 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Bump, and added my two cars (finally!) to the database.

-- brett
ClayPerrine
I added 22 to the dead pool the other day. We were at Oklahoma Foreign last Friday so Betty and I retrieved all the VIN numbers off their 914 carcasses. I could not get one. The windshield frame was gone, the vin tag in the door was gone, and the RF fender number had been bondoed over.

SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 1 2009, 06:25 PM) *

I added 22 to the dead pool the other day.

smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
#5410 and counting ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Socalandy
I added a 70 1.7 that was cut up about a year ago. Finally came across the VIN tag in the rollaway
SirAndy
You can now add a engine number to your VIN profile.

I have yet to come up with a clever way to query that data, but at least now we can start collecting it ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
McMark
Woohoo!
McMark
Hmmmmmm, put the engines in a different DB table so people can add as many as they want as well as input 'modifications' to the motor. Then through the VIN pages they can link one of their listed motors to the chassis it's installed in. idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 9 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Hmmmmmm, put the engines in a different DB table so people can add as many as they want as well as input 'modifications' to the motor. Then through the VIN pages they can link one of their listed motors to the chassis it's installed in. idea.gif

Mhhmmm,
i guess my initial thought was that the VIN info page would have the original configuration of the car.
Like the original color and engine etc.

If we were to allow for mods, we would have to really rethink the complete approach of how we currently collect this data and display it.

What if we integrated it more into the forum software. We could have some sort of forum format for browsing the VIN data.
Maybe a forum where each member gets a pre-created thread with a initial post that displays the current VIN data and then they can add posts with current images and other info to it.

Then make the whole thing searchable (with a better search) ...
idea.gif Andy
McMark
I like the way the VIN data is sorted/searchable now.

Original configuration for motor is only going to be populated by 10-15 people. tongue.gif The chassis number, VIN, etc doesn't change (for most people) but the motor is consistently changed.

idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 9 2010, 07:59 PM) *

I like the way the VIN data is sorted/searchable now.

Original configuration for motor is only going to be populated by 10-15 people. tongue.gif The chassis number, VIN, etc doesn't change (for most people) but the motor is consistently changed.

Ok,
then how about we leave the current engine number for the *original* motor, if known and think about some sort of add-on where people can add more info about the current state of the car and maybe even upload more pictures etc.

idea.gif Andy
McMark
I like that. It would be neat if you could also add links to threads (i.e. build thread).

But this doesn't really address the issue of people being able to enter a large number of engine serials. It would be nice if I could enter the 10-12 engine numbers I have sitting around, so if I have someone's original engine case, they can find me. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.