Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My latest purchase!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
SO I bought this 914 today. Talked with the guy on the phone & bought it sight unseen. It is in better shape than I figured. Really a pretty solid car. The battery tray is toast of course. Down below it is fine no rust through the hell hole. A little surface. Both trunks are solid & the floor pans are good. There is some rust on the passenger side rear on the side & at the firewall. Still much better than many I have seen. Pretty easy fix. It has no drivetrain & I bought it for a parts car. Downside is they did not have a title. The guy I got it from got it 5 years ago & never switched the title. He also lost the title & the guy he got it from is no longer around. So it will be a little process to get a title but is doable. The rims are different but I like them confused24.gif . Anyway I'm not real sure if I am going to keep it or not. Be a perfect AutoX car. Ah the possibilities piratenanner.gif
LowGT
www.broadwaytitle.com is an option for getting your title. It costs about $150 but they do all the work. I used them to get a title for a 63 MG Midget, in that case it was easier to pay the $150 than jump through the DMV's hoops.

Looks like a nice car. smile.gif
smj
ChrisNPDrider has those wheels on his car. Saw them at the WCR and really thought they looked good. Period, but not dated, know what I mean?
JRust
Oh yeah I'm bummed there are only 3 knockoffs! Where the heck am I going to get another to match??
LowGT
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 29 2007, 11:28 AM) *

Oh yeah I'm bummed there are only 3 knockoffs! Where the heck am I going to get another to match??

You can find those pretty frequently in the FS forum here, the samba, and on ebay. I believe they are American Racing wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.