Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Request for TOAST
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
OK guys....

TOAST I think I have meet you once, and you wouldn't know me from Adam...
But, from what I can see, you either need the carb rebuilt or replaced on your 86 toyota....
I would do this myself if I was on the West Coast - but I am no where near close -
Below is a link of carbs and rebuild kits for the year and make of your truck...
I am guessing that it is an ST since the GT's had EFI -

TOAST, buy the parts, and they will come....

BOYS, HELP A GIRL OUT !!!!!

Guys, if you know how to rebuild a carb, and have done this more than 3 times, please help Toast out. The only reason I am saying that someone needs to have rebuilt carbs before, is that these appear to be a little tricky, and I would hate to see Toast get stuck. Toast, if you buy a weber, it looks like you want the 32/36 DGV -
If you buy a rebuilt carb from an individual, you may end up with the same problems or worse than you are currently having. If you do so, don't spend much money. It looks like the same carb was used 84-87.

Guys, feel free to chime in with experience or suggestions -

Ebay weber carb

Ebay rebuilt 22R carb

Buy a carb from a Monkey

AutoZone Rebuild Kit Not for the inexperienced -
dakotaewing
UPDATE -

Ron - (AKA - SLITS)
Has been working on this project already for Toast and is still gathering a minor part or 2 - Sounds like it should be wrapped up in a reasonable time frame -

Slits - Thanks!!! beer.gif
Dr Evil
Dude, if SLITS cant do it, it cant be done. He may be ugly, but he sure knows how to twist them nuts....if ya know what I mean.
Toast
Just saw this.

Thanks Thom! I really appriciate your help and effort and for looking up those resources! And for bringing it to everyone's attention. biggrin.gif

thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
will this work? Solex H-34 SEIE. very clean. no provision for an electric choke that i can note. lmk.

k
dakotaewing
Ron would have to determine whether it would work....
I have no idea.... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.