Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Front Suspension Upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
I'm in the process of installing an '80 911SC front end on my '70 914 for the brake upgrade. I notice the lugs on the 911 hub are extremely long. I didn't worry about this since I figured I'd see where the wheels end up under my flares and either use a spacer or trim the lugs. Now I'm wondering if these long lugs are for something special and it might be worth something to someone to swap them for short lug hubs (if they exist) instead of trimming them off.
Anyone familiar with these long 911 hub lugs?
skline
Long studs are for running as you mentioned, spacers. If you don't need them, they should be sold or traded for what you need rather than to cut them down.
tyler
Thanks, I'll post an ad. I thought that might be the case. Any idea if they're worth anything of should be a straight trade?
skline
The value is at best a few bucks difference, I would check PP and see what the difference is and go from there. If it were me, I would probably just find someone who would trade you.
skline
Going by PP site, the stock 45mm thru 67mm are 7.25 and 72mm are 7.50 and the 100mm are 9.15 so it's only a few bucks difference.
davep
It is almost better to do a straight swap. Be sure you get the hubs you need; there are a few variations there also. I think the fewer the times the studs are replaced the better.
SirAndy
or just use 'em ...

i have 100mm studs front/rear and a whole bunch of different size spacers. never have to worry about different wheel offsets again.
i have three sets of wheels with different offsets and all i have to do is switch spacers to run another set.

very convenient.
bye1.gif Andy

PS: just make sure you use the open end steel lugnuts, the aluminum lugnuts will break if put on a stud that is too long.
cobra94563
if you end up interested in a trade, let me know. i have a 83(?) sc front end with standard length studs.
I want to go 1in wider, but haven't decided on spacers, adapters, or maybe 8in wheels.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.