Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to remove the dash top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
want to remove the dash top.....see pic (red indicates cracks)

How do I do this...pics would be great, or a link to a how to...thanks alot

Click to view attachment

-JON biggrin.gif
G e o r g e
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif smoke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 2 2007, 09:16 PM) *

want to remove the dash top.....see pic (red indicates cracks)

How do I do this...pics would be great, or a link to a how to...thanks alot

Click to view attachment

-JON biggrin.gif

There are a bunch of plastic 13mm nuts on the underside - very easy and simple to do - Gauges need to come out as well as gauge holder plate..

J

quick edit: pull the vents out and remove the radio and use a swivel socket - still pretty easy
jonferns
any pics?

do the gauges have to come out COMPLETELY??? the radio isnt a problem....

I want to get the car looking decent for an event in sept -JON thumb3d.gif

edit: still have to get the good dash out of the bad car....see how things turn out?
jwalters
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Aug 2 2007, 09:28 PM) *

any pics?

do the gauges have to come out COMPLETELY??? the radio isnt a problem....

I want to get the car looking decent for an event in sept -JON thumb3d.gif

yea, cause there might still be a nut just behind them - glove box should come out also - do not need pics dude, climb in upside down with a light and have a looksie - you can see them just plainly--
J
jonferns
biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
Hey Jon, I wrote up a step-by-step that's in the classic section.....

Here you go...

-- Rob
addwestern
If you have access to an old dash, it makes life easier. Lay it on the hood as to see where the nuts are. It's a great reference.

A big knuckle and time saver is to get a 13mm speed wrench with a swivel head for the two nuts behind the gauge cluster. Spread the channel apart with a hefty standard screw driver.

I have gotten to the point that I can swap dashes in about 25 minutes.
joeav8tor
I left my gauges in and just tilted the cluster forward which seemed to work fine...I had another dash to use as a guide to find the plastc nuts...try to use one of those flexible extensions to attach the 13mm socket to...it will help on a couple of them.
Joe
Dave_Darling
I've posted pics of the locations of the nuts before. I don't remember if it was here or on the Bird board.

I've also got them stashed in a folder on the 914 Yahoo group:
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/914...tos/browse/ceea

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.