Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '70 914-6 w/38,000 orig.miles - one owner-value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Rusty
Nice looking car. I concur with other recommendations. For 12-13k, you should be able to find a good buyer who will take care of it.

If you price it too much higher than that, you're pushing into the big-6 conversion car price range.

-Rusty smoke.gif
VT914
Hi everyone,

I have a little more info - the VIN is: 9140432219

I believe I found the paint code plate. The plate on the jam in front of the door reads:

Karosseier at the top,
under this is "NR" and a space for info (which is empty)
and under this as "Kunstharzlack" with a info space containing the stamp "83".

So it looks like the paint code is 83??

make any sense??

Thanks again
Brad Roberts
Your doing good. Thanks for taking the time to answer everyones questions.

Make sure you load the pics/description into the Cars For Sale section of the classifieds.

You should have a few leads for sales from this site any time now.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(VT914 @ Dec 28 2003, 06:04 PM)
So it looks like the paint code is 83?

my references show '83' as 'Metallic Green'

the rest is consistent.
Porsche Rescue
Anyone know if this car sold? If so, for how much?
Just read a story in Hemmings "Sports and Exotic Car" about John Buffum's exploits as a world class rally driver. Caused me to remember this thread and the 914-6 for sale.
I hate stories that have no ending, happy or otherwise.
echocanyons
that'd be a helluva deal today at 15K
Eric Taylor
No Kidding! What a beauty. the 6's are gaining more and more value. I better get one now ohmy.gif .
Eric
Gustl
here in europe you possibly have to pay $10k more - if the car is that good as described dry.gif mad.gif

I'd love to buy such a /6 for that price - I'd prefere a signal orange car though ...

unsure.gif Gustl
IronHillRestorations
Sorry guys I disagree, only 38k miles? $15,000 is a good deal if it's not a rusty car, and the engine is strong. If it's 138k miles it's another story. You CA guys have a skewed perspective. How many unmolested 6's are offered? I saw a pretty nice one up in Seattle a year and a half ago, that sold for $17k, and it had some pan work and other rust repair. I guess the real barometer is how much someone will pay.

My 6 is metallic green with light tan interior, just like the '00 914 we got! cool.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jan 22 2006, 03:07 PM)
Sorry guys I disagree, only 38k miles?  $15,000 is a good deal if it's not a rusty car, and the engine is strong.  If it's 138k miles it's another story.  

this is also a reason why I think that I would have to pay a lot more here in europe

and even when I would like signal orange more - I might think if I could live with a metallic green car, too ... the colour is nice and pretty rare ...

could anybody give me an idea of expected costs for ship a car to Europe?

the car is in Vermont - that's east cost, correct?

idea.gif Gustl
Porsche Rescue
I sold a 911 to a fellow in Salzburg (Ebay). Shipped from my house in Oregon to Los Angeles by truck, container to Bremerhaven. $1500 Could be less from the East Coast.

Car in this thread was for sale 2 years ago. I suspect it has been long sold but trying to find out for sure.

You should just accept yellow and buy mine from Camp 914. It's now on Ebay. High bidder is from Belgium.
Gustl
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Jan 22 2006, 04:10 PM)
You should just accept yellow and buy mine from Camp 914. It's now on Ebay. High bidder is from Belgium.

I thought about it when Eric (IIRC?) sold the car last April

the car seems to be really, really nice - but yellow is just not my taste unsure.gif

and if ever I buy a real /6, it has to be a car I really love ...

thanks for the shipping info pray.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.