Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting swivel foot rockers ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
o.k. here it is. i've got 2 complete sets of rocker assemblies to work with. 1 stock set of 1.7 and is not ground (.060) taken off with stock adjusters. the other is a modified (.060 ground) 1.7 with some mystery swivel foot adjusters that nobody seems to be able to identify. (they came from a 2056 parts engine).
i also have an o.e.m. set of 911 swivel feet.

here are my questions:
1 after disassembling the mystery rocker feet i noticed the rockers appear to have oil holes going to the swivel balls or feet stud. the mystery feet seem have oil passage in the stud to feed the swivel, the 911 feet do not. see the pictures. are these lube passages? the rocker has lube passages to the adjusters that obviously would have no use for the stock adjusters. anyone else ever wonder about this? blink.gif

2 anyone know more about these mystery swivels? i'm starting to wonder which set up is best.

Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
orange914
anyone? beerchug.gif
craig downs
I'll take a stab at it
The one to the left is an aftermarket that you find in the type1 arena that I think
Scat markets. The one to the right is a 911 swivel which is the best one to use.
There are aftermarket ones that look like the oem 911 swivel but not as good.
As far as the oil issue that is a oil passage for the swivel ball one. BTW oil does make
its way past the adjusters. Thats how the valve guides and the adjusters get oiled.
Some of the oil coming up through the rockers gets sprayed out past the adjusters

DBCooper
Exactly right. The ones on the left are known as ball foot or "courier" adjusters. I've used them on lots of T1 engines and never had a problem, but they depend on a real clean valve stem, spot on geometry, and by reputation are not as strong as the real 911 adjusters on the right. Never failed me, though.
orange914
thanks for the input. i'll use the o.e.m. 911's

whats a fair price to put the ball's up for sale at?
Chris Hamilton
I might take the ball ones. Shoot me a price.
orange914
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Aug 11 2007, 06:45 PM) *

I might take the ball ones. Shoot me a price.

$25+couple bucks to ship? not sure the price, hows that sound?
mike thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.