Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What M size fits this captive nut ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I believe it's M6, but need the rest of the bolt designation...They are on the inside of the door panels and hold the passenger side arm rest and top pf the drivers side map pocket.

Jim
Dave_Darling
Hmmm... Mr. PET is telling me that they're M5x18, but that doesn't sound right. I'm thinking M6x20mm or M6x25mm, with the standard thread pitch. What is that, 1.0 I think?

Hopefully I can order more of those stupid nuts, now that I've found them with the help of Mr. PET. I had tried looking through my hard-copy book long ago and couldn't come up with the correct part number--looks like I finally found it! smile.gif

--DD
ruddyboys
Can't yopu take it to a local hardware store and try a few screws? I know my local ACE Hardware and Sears Hardware carry a good selection of metric screws and nuts.
jim_hoyland
Thanks Dave.

The captive nut I took to the hardware store was pretty worn. I used to to get a screw, but when I got home to test it out on the door panel--which has near new captive nuts-it wouldn't work.

I guess I could have taken the door panel into the hardware stoe
Cap'n Krusty
Most of the DPOs I've followed think it's "wood screw size". Seriously, it's likely to be a 6mm allen head screw, and about 17-19mm in length, but there are also SOME applications in the doors that use 5mm allen screws. 6mm takes a 5mm allen wrench, 5mm takes a 4. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.